New in town

Harry

Warming-Up
Apr 13, 2015
Hi all,

I'm based in Tokyo for 3 months for work so I've bought a bike and I'm keen to do some riding!

I'm living in Koto Ward at the moment, which is a bit out of the way, but I'm going to be investing in a bike bag so I can get the train out West.

Which brings me to my first question - would anyone happen to have a bike bag I could borrow as it seems a bit pointless investing in one when I won't be using it back in the UK? If not, which would you recommend? I'd like something reasonably cheap and that I can fit in my back pocket/bottle cage. I found this, but there seems to be some ambiguity over whether you can take it on the train with the seatpost uncovered. Can anyone shed any light on this?

My other question is whether TCC organises regular rides or if it's all just done on an ad-hoc basis? I'm looking to go out once or twice a week, for anywhere between 80-200km. Average speed probably between 25-35kph.

Thanks in advance for your help, and I'm looking forward to riding with you! :)

H

GrantT

Maximum Pace
Oct 2, 2012
Setagaya
The Tioga bag you linked to is fine for the train. Leaving the seatpost uncovered is not a problem. Everyone does it all the time.

Group rides are usually posted in the Unofficial Tours section of the forum. They tend to happen on Saturdays and start a few km up the Arakawa from where you are so easy to get to.