New in Nishishinjuku

jaspalex

Cruising
Dec 29, 2015
Hello TCC people,

Have been lurking around here for a while, so it's about time to introduce myself. My name is Alex, I am Dutch but have lived in Asia for the past two years. Moved to Tokyo about three months ago, and now I live in the Nishishinjuku area. Before this I was in Singapore, where I spend my weekends cycling around the island with a nice bunch of people (doing between 80-130km).

That said, I am looking for a group here in Tokyo to join. I have been cycling with a friend at the Tama River which is quite nice, but am looking to explore new areas as well. Coming from Holland and cycling in Singapore I mostly cycled on flat terrain so it would be great to explore the mountains as well. Are there any groups around here that are based in central/west Tokyo that have regular rides? Please let me know!

Look forward to meeting and going for a ride soon!

theBlob

Bokeh master
Sep 28, 2011
Sure. There are people heading up the arakawa usually every Saturday and Sunday. More so once the weather gets a bit more enjoyable.

jaspalex

Cruising
Dec 29, 2015
@koya_hijiri yeah that sounds great - I usually go out on weekends so if you're up for it let's go soon.
@D'Pioneer and @theBlob thanks for the info - Just saw that you were planning a ride this morning, bummer that it rained this morning. Hope you managed to go for a ride in the afternoon, and would be great to join one of the rides soon...