What's new

New here with some questions

idrowley

Cruising
Nov 27, 2007
Hello. What a good site. Hopefully this will inspire me to get fit. I cycled across the UK in 2003 but haven't done lots since. However, having spent far too much in a bike while in Italy last year, I'm now keen to do some road riding.

Anyway, I've a couple of questions, which I hope aren't too daft. First, I'm interested in getting a GPS for my bike so I don't keep getting lost quite so much. Can anyone make any recommendations? I can manage with Japanese maps, but ideally English controls would be easier.

Second, has anyone done the Tour de Kunisaki and is it okay if you're not a super fast racer? I've never raced here (or anywhere) but thought it might be fun next year. Thanks.

hi

Welcome to TCC! :welcome:

I am sure folk here can answer your questions!

look forward to riding with you

Ash

Thanks folks. I still feel odd about the Man Machine. First, everyone seems to find the name amusing (can't imagine why). Second, it's a bit over the top for my level. Oh well.

:pray::pray: good bike -what is wrong with that name??????
by the way - I have the same frame :)

Thanks folks. I still feel odd about the Man Machine. First, everyone seems to find the name amusing (can't imagine why). Second, it's a bit over the top for my level. Oh well.

... just a name...

It might be a good bike, but you'll always feel like you're riding one of "The Village People"!:warau:

It might be a good bike, but you'll always feel like you're riding one of "The Village People"!:warau:

Not having had the experience of riding one of the village people i will have to take Travis's word on that one. That is one sad mental image:p "I can't get out of my head". ELO.:cool:

by the way - I have the same frame :)
Only just saw this... So there's another one out there. I've not seen another one in Tokyo. Where did you get the frame? I got mine from Italy--I'm shocked how much Cinellis are sold for in Japan. The Man Machine kitted out with Centaur stuff is about 560,000 yen this year.

Only just saw this... So there's another one out there. I've not seen another one in Tokyo. Where did you get the frame? I got mine from Italy--I'm shocked how much Cinellis are sold for in Japan. The Man Machine kitted out with Centaur stuff is about 560,000 yen this year.

All European bikes are through the roof because of the value of the Euro.
What stinks is the U.S bikes are pegging their prices ( a little) in Japan to the Euro bikes...so they are all going up.
The exception being the Japanese brands.

Back
Top Bottom