What's new

New here. Saying hello.

colonel

Warming-Up
Sep 14, 2008
I have been riding around here for the last two years. But, didn't realize there was much going on in the way of organized rides aside from the Half Fast rides.

I recently started on a track bike, I got from a friend, and might be looking for some people to ride around with to explore the city.

Not used to thread writing. Take care,

Bryan

Hi Bryan . . .

Welcome to TCC :)

Personally I prefer to explore the mountains that surround Tokyo - but you need some gears for that :D

Cheers,

Philip

An old geezer

did the 200km audax on a single geared bike on Sunday (and he was even older than me !!)

Well lets just say that we set off with him and he kept appearing at every checkpoint which Phil and I began to get annoyed about. How can he catch us every time !! Phil had seen him on the Tour de Chiba last year too !!

Honestly though there are some real tough nuts out there.

chazzer

Tough and 'sore' nuts if he tried Matsuhime on a fixed gear :D Having said that, they used to hill climb on a fixed gear - what would your legs (and other bits) feel like after this:

catford_hillclimb_1936.jpg

From an interesting page here >>> http://www.rapha.cc/index.php?page=339

Philip

PS - is that Thomas???

did the 200km audax on a single geared bike on Sunday (and he was even older than me !!)

Well lets just say that we set off with him and he kept appearing at every checkpoint which Phil and I began to get annoyed about. How can he catch us every time !! Phil had seen him on the Tour de Chiba last year too !!

chazzer
thats our secret weapon less weight and the playing mind games with multi speeds. The really steep hills are our downfall though.

Back
Top Bottom