What's new

New Guy

jamisont

Warming-Up
Apr 5, 2011
New Guy here.

I caught orders out to NAF Atsugi shortly after graduating in 09 and live in Kanagawa, but have an apartment in Tokyo proper as well (akasaka mitsuke). I ran in college (mile/800m) and managed to blow my hamstring doing it. I'm a pretty novice cyclist, but in good shape and looking to explore the sport.

My only competitive rides have been short crits back in the states. These days I spend a chunk of my weekend going up the sagami river.

Saw a couple of guys are going rolling this weekend. Curious to know the Japanese policy on putting a 57cm bike on a train.

Cheers

Tommy

Welcome Tommy!:)

Tommy if the bike is in a bag, no problem. Better to avoid the main commuting times and generally the end cars are less crowded. Welcome.

In Akasaka Mitsuke you can pick up a bike bag ("rinko-bukuro") nearby at Y's Cannondale Boutique. Or at many of the bike shops around town that deal with more than just shopping bikes.

I'm very happy with my Montbell Compact Rinko Quick Carry. At ¥7000 it's one of the more expensive ones, but it's good quality, ultralight and compact, and completely covers the bike so it satisfies even the Odakyu Line jobsworths.

Here's the instruction leaflet.

thanks all for the tips. look forward to grabbing a few hills/drinks in the near future.

Welcome

Welcome to TCC. Perhaps we can schedule a local ride sometime. I`m in Futamatagawa.

Phil,

Always up for something. Give me a train station to push from and we'll work it out.

Cheers

Mate,

Im over in Tsurugamine and one of the other TCCer's is in Yamato.

Pete - I thought you'd get a rinko only when they need to bury your body in it!

Mike, I see that rinko weighs 305g. As for size, when it's rolled up, how big is it? Is it bigger or smaller than a typical 12oz aluminum can?

Back
Top Bottom