What's new

New Guy in Yokohama

TL Dan

Warming-Up
Aug 13, 2022
Hi, this is Dan. Few days from relocating to Yokohama.

Currently super out of shape, but looking forward to change that.

Love dawn patrols before work and a longer ride (100+km) on weekends on road bike.

If anyone knows anyone in Yokohama…Happy for any lead or introduction.

Dan

hellerphant

Maximum Pace
Mar 23, 2022
Welcome! I’m out in Machida but I’m planning to do some rides in Yokohama sometime later this year. I haven’t ventured too far outside of my area yet, but Yokohama is about an hour or so ride and I’ve been wanting to do it for a while.

Maybe we can meet up and ride somewhere once the weather is more bareable! I basically go for night or early morning rides at the moment haha.

olykoek

Speeding Up
Oct 4, 2020
Hey guys,
there are plenty of groups or other foreigners out there to ride with.. just kind of a timing, level, distance, thing.
I am in Totsuka and ride (road) just about everywhere, from Odawara, Hakone ...to Miura peninsula, and north to Mt. Takao, Sagami / Miyagase Lake quite frequently (usually 130-160km weekends).
I've been told that we (a few others in our group) that we ride too fast.. lol.
but if you would like to join, drop us a message!

TL Dan

Warming-Up
Aug 13, 2022
Welcome! I’m out in Machida but I’m planning to do some rides in Yokohama sometime later this year. I haven’t ventured too far outside of my area yet, but Yokohama is about an hour or so ride and I’ve been wanting to do it for a while.

Maybe we can meet up and ride somewhere once the weather is more bareable! I basically go for night or early morning rides at the moment haha.
I am just in from China and the temps here seem really nice. Last year was doing a lot of riding at 38+ C. No problem, just need a lot of water.

We usually met at 5:30, but rather to avoid traffic.

Looking forward to riding with you :)

TL Dan

Warming-Up
Aug 13, 2022
Hey guys,
there are plenty of groups or other foreigners out there to ride with.. just kind of a timing, level, distance, thing.
I am in Totsuka and ride (road) just about everywhere, from Odawara, Hakone ...to Miura peninsula, and north to Mt. Takao, Sagami / Miyagase Lake quite frequently (usually 130-160km weekends).
I've been told that we (a few others in our group) that we ride too fast.. lol.
but if you would like to join, drop us a message!
Hi, great to know there are many groups. So far wasn’t lucky to find any online. How to find them?

olykoek

Speeding Up
Oct 4, 2020
I think most of the groups, or riders I have found here.
but like I said, getting in with a group largely depends on level(speed), distance, preference for food..(lol. the guys I ride with are fine with quick(er) stops at convenience stores, but several of the Japanese riders want to do the 'gourmet' thing... stop for a proper lunch, have a snack at some well-known place, take lots of pictures... etc.
Sometimes I do that, but not every ride.
Speaking of which, there might be a 'slower' ride this Saturday (or Sunday, depending on the weather). It might be right around 100km or so.
Details are being worked out....

Are you on Strava? if so, you can search for SAB (Slow Along the Beach).
or search for me.. Brent

OneForTheRoad

Maximum Pace
Jan 3, 2021
Complemeting what Brent said above, we also have a LINE chat group, gathering a few folks that recently moved to Yokohama or nearby and came to this very forum asking for the same thing.

They were all eager to join our rides, but for some reason it seems that nobody is riding at all.

Ref:

and many others

Top Bottom