What's new

New Dura-Ace

But yeah;

-32T or more cassettes
-Nylon composite carrier and creaking top two cogs on cassette completely re-engineered
-Power meter
-Long cage mech as standard
-Silent freebody mechanism
-Refined disc shifters

A general move to further unify Dura Ace and XTR too, but not sure of the actual specifics.

Want to know about backwards compatibility; if the cassette isn't toss like the 9000 one, I would be up for getting that in 30T, with the new rear mech and using with 9070.

Can't wait to see it all, and work my way through all the engineering. Also wondering about the pedals they have for the new version, and how they have possibly managed to improve on the 9000s, which are the 7900s.

Due to delays with my custom, it is now feasible that I could end up going new DA (presuming their groupset includes disc, as is forecast).

That'll be two Brits in Japan with custom Fields straight outta Sheffield, hopefully before the end of 2016 (that was the NWA song right @leicaman ?), one ETap and one, potentially, new DA.

Sweet.

Rear mech is very close to an XTR one, and the front mech has angled the leverage over... interesting. They better have sorted that cassette out; a single top 5 cog unit sitting on a remodelled carrier would be the business.

Wonder if it will be backwards compatible with 9000 / 9070...

Rim brakes look super-charged too...

1. Hoping for better (more comfortable, slimmer) hydraulic Di2 shifters than the current ones so I can upgrade mine.

2. Will be interested in a Di2 clutched RD to rival SRAM for a 1x11 set-up. The current XTR one is ridiculously expensive. (40kJPY+)

3. I also currently use the XTR di2 upper junction box (3 port - see photo below) on my road bike which is a much cleaner install and aero than the usual road ones....and with the benefit of a useful gear and battery display. Given the Road ones (3 and 5 port) are so fuggly thinking they may do something about that
Shimano-XTR-M9050-Di2-new-synchronized-shifting-electornic-SC-M9050_STD_01.jpg

Last edited:
rumours have said (velonews I think it was) that the new A junction would be able to fit in a bar-end (replace the bar plug) would be a pretty damn slick solution having a charging port there. Obviously need bars with holes for the wires though... so we'll see if that really becomes reality or not.

@D'Pioneer Yes works really well. Obviously no need for suspension setting part of the screen, but the rest is perfect. Shimano officially authorises it for use with road too.

I've even had success with an Alfine Upper Junction on a 1x11 I was running during the winter (only one in and one out port, no adjustment button, but you can charge from it)

Just reduce the width of your internet viewer screen and it converts to
e
m
i
t

e
i
r
e
e

Due to delays with my custom, it is now feasible that I could end up going new DA (presuming their groupset includes disc, as is forecast).

That'll be two Brits in Japan with custom Fields straight outta Sheffield, hopefully before the end of 2016 (that was the NWA song right @leicaman ?), one ETap and one, potentially, new DA.

Sorry, I don't know any North West Airlines songs ;)

The new DA certinly wouldn't look out of place on your Field. Not sure when it will be available though. The rumours all seem to be saying at least Q3 for the mechanical and Q1 2017 for disc. But that could all just be internet lies. If it is not available until then, you'll just have to go with eTap as well (although not sure when the disc version will be out either ;))

Sorry, I don't know any North West Airlines songs ;)

The new DA certinly wouldn't look out of place on your Field. Not sure when it will be available though. The rumours all seem to be saying at least Q3 for the mechanical and Q1 2017 for disc. But that could all just be internet lies. If it is not available until then, you'll just have to go with eTap as well (although not sure when the disc version will be out either ;))

It seems odd to announce something and wait so long to release it. With that being said, stranger things have happened.

Back
Top Bottom