Loving the new spider!

oth12042123210025-l3.jpg

Four point caliper brakes:

durace+6.jpg

Shifters

oth12042123210025-l5.jpg

It goes to 11!

oth12042123210025-l1.jpg

Nice stuff! Shimano have come along way in improving the asthetics of their range. Thanks for the pics, and that spider is very cool.

I like that they stay with alloy cranks. They are stiffer. I notice a huge difference when switching between my carbon and alloy crank sets. I also like the swerve in the brifter and the 11 speed cassette. The brakes calipers and hoods look pretty trick too. IMO the gloss black looks cheap though. Shimano spoiled us with the Gunmetal, Maybe next year. I am also curiose if they made their chain narrower and widened their cassette range.

Chuck, the brake lever is gloss carbon like the current range - it just shows up as gloss black...... if you take a look at the back of the rear mech you'll see the true satin gun metal finish.

Looks alright.

Going to be some pretty nice sales on the current Dura Ace stuff when this comes out, I suspect.

Looks alright.

Going to be some pretty nice sales on the current Dura Ace stuff when this comes out, I suspect.

Afraid I agree, have never really been a fan of the DA aesthetics but have gotta to say the 10 speed looks nicer:( I may be bargain hunting soon as my my SRAM red rear mech has broken (spring snapped) after only 2 years! I may be jumping ship to Simano.....but shhhh....don't tell Ludwig:p

Looks alright.

Already happening mate - Sagami Cycles is selling full Ultegra at 73,000 JPY and the DuraAce complete comes in at under 160,000 JPY.

Interesting photos.

Looks to be a huge unsupported expanse of chainring. I wonder how they maintain the stiffness of the current version.
No cut-outs / asymmetric ramps in the chain. For durability maybe? Or could just be a pre-production chain.
Shifters and brakes look like slightly refined versions of 7900.
Hard to tell if the cassette is wider than current 10-speed.

That larger cutout also caught my attention, but there will no doubt be method to the madness.

I suppose, looking at it, one can run a curve in the shape of a double figure of eight, with a smaller 8 being inside a larger one. Probably does something to aid stiffness, or some such gibberish.

Prefer the look of the older Dura Ace at the moment, but these things are always better 'in the metal', so to speak.

Back
Top Bottom