What's new

New Cycling site I am working on

paullb

Speeding Up
May 24, 2010
Guys,

I'm working on a new website that will merge data from everyone's GPS into a map that will show the most popular roads ridden.

It's still fairly early on and the website isn't much of a looker but I would be really appreciative if a few of you could upload some GPX files from rides (if more than 2MB, please zip one file at at a time as that is the limit of my web server) and let me have your comments

As the files are processed the data will be added to the map.

http://rider.cyclistsroadmap.com

Many of the links on your site are broken, but you probably know that.

You may also want to consider GPX submission via email, as these wouldn't involve the 2 MB limit of the hoster. Usually email can go up to 8 MB or 20 MB per mail, depending on the mail server setup.

GPX,fit and other gps data is incredibly small so I really don't see how this would be an issue.

you also might consider just 'curling' other sites' data. write a script that logs you in and then scrapes all the rides according to search criteria. since most people keep their rides as public, this would get you alot of data pretty quickly. I also heard that RWGPS did have a JSON interface - you need to email them for specifics.

Back
Top Bottom