What's new

Help New classifieds section: what categories?

thomas

The Crank Engine
Nov 1, 2005
Our new Classifieds add-on has entered the stage of beta testing. :)

What categories would you like to see?

Here are my suggestions:

• Bicycles (complete) - Buy, Sell, Trade, Free
  • Bicycle frames - Buy, Sell, Trade, Free
  • Components - Buy, Sell, Trade, Free
  • Clothing - Buy, Sell, Trade, Free
  • Accessories - Buy, Sell, Trade, Free

I would also request... if your cool with it... deleting anything over 3 months without an update.
No need hanging on to old threads in the classified section.
Thinking both DB size and performance... over years - just mucky muck.

I would also request... if your cool with it... deleting anything over 3 months without an update.
No need hanging on to old threads in the classified section.
Thinking both DB size and performance... over years - just mucky muck.

Definitely worth considering! Though I have a few frames I've been trying to sell for many years now, lol.

The add-on will allow the seller to set an "ad expire length" (in days) which can also be disabled.

Could we have an automated response to ads after 3-4 months asking sellers to click the link to refresh the listing otherwise it will be deleted in a week?
I think having the history of successful listings is useful.
Also I think an asking price should be mandatory for listings, most of us do this but occasionally people forget or prefer not to mention it.

The wanted section is very helpful.

Hi Thomas, I tried to post ads in the clothing section last night but I see it doesn't have a post ad button to place an ad, so I put an ad in components instead. The ad appears to have been deleted. Did you delete or they just did not take? If you did delete, any particular reason? I also put an ad in for the tech gear that I have in the component section. I see that has been deleted as well.

might get better luck trying the vendors section maybe?
You are representing a cycling associated business selling new products right? Good luck.

The new Classifieds section is still in beta. We expect more features to be added soon. Until the official launch, we do not want to list any commercial ads.

@Perfuro Martin, as per my email, I will get in touch with you once the Classified section will officially open.

might get better luck trying the vendors section maybe?
You are representing a cycling associated business selling new products right? Good luck.
Yes i tried in the Vendors section but it doesn't work. Not enough points or something. I await for Thomas to allow me to post ads in the classified section.

Back
Top Bottom