What's new

New bike shop

Kill the haole day, thats funny. My cuz grew up on Maui so I understand that. It didn't help him any being a blonde either. I have worked on and off at PHNSY {Pearl Harbor...} for years and NEVER had a problem with the locals. Even out in Waianie. Misspell you know east coast of Oahu where they tell you not to go if you don't want your ass kicked.

Yeah, it's pretty laid back there. I never had any trouble myself, either. But a man can get himself into trouble pretty fast if he gets "sassy" with the wrong person. (which goes for just about anywhere, I suppose)

Wow, I just found out that Kill Haole Day has its own Wikipedia entry. The day passed without incident for me, but I can tell you that I was freaking out as the date approached.

Once, a big Samoan who sat in front of me in English class threatened me with a, "What, you like beef?" when I got a little smart with him. I made matters worse when I told him I didn't eat meat. Thankfully, the teacher overheard and kept us after class. The kid turned out to be the coolest, sweetest guy.

Deej

Bike shopping in the rain

It is RAINING, think it a good day to give the bike ride a miss and go on up to bicycle Paradise. I never did get to the second shop and now it looks like they have a third one away from Kyodo ?

http://www.rakuten.ne.jp/gold/verygood/info.html

PLEASE post what station and any info, THANKS TODO

NOW with ENORMOUS TROUSERS and I RIDE in em too.

Todo,

I don't have much time to reply, but I'll squeeze out a couple details for you now.

You can get to Kyodo Station by taking the Odakyu Line out of Shinjuku. It's the 10th stop by local train (about 15 minutes). You can catch an express, but be careful to hop on one that stops at Kyodo, otherwise you could zip past it.

If you plug this address into Google Maps, you'll get the location: 東京都世田谷区経堂1丁目12-8 斎藤ビル1階

Here's a link to the access map provided by the shop: http://www.cypara.com/access.html

They've recently opened a second shop in Kyodo, so you should ask an employee about that as well.

They've added tons of bikes and accessories, new and used, since I first posted.

Good luck!

Deej

Kama'ainas represent!

Deej and Todo,

Nice to hear that there's some Kama'ainas on the forum. I grew up in Kalihi, but went to HBA for school. Like a good local boy, I went to UH Manoa, and worked there as a staff for a while too. I came back to Tokyo about 2.5 years ago.

Any of you guys tried the Honolulu Century Ride? I might go this year.

Back
Top Bottom