What's new

New bike day today

adventurous cyclist

turtle speed cyclist
May 16, 2019
It's a mamachari university student style bike.
I really couldn't pass up on this deal. It was half off. All the University students bought their new bikes and there were just two left at the store and I checked it out, and what a price. I mean you can't touch it at any bike shop for this price even at the regular sales price, but it was marked half off and it's got the front basket, the rear carrier spring styles cushion seat, automatic front light, some kind of brake style in the rear. The seat, it's pretty cool really comfortable.
Because of my knee injury I really can't ride a bike long distance or nor can I go up any type of pitch, so I have to get off the bike and walk it up walk it up the hill whatever.
My cross bike is sitting right now and actually I put about 50,000 yen in it in the last 4 years so maybe this was a good bargain for me just to have a mama chari bike.
I'm really happy with it. I only road it a couple times, so far and it's pretty cool. Anyway, I'm out having a picnic, made some macaroni,got my ukulele with me little amplifier at a city park. A nice day, but now the rain clouds are moving in. Here's a picture of it.
IMG-20230423-WA0002.jpeg

Last edited:
I have three 'nice' bikes right now, and I have churned through several more over my years as a cyclist, but through that time I have always owned a mamachari in addition to the rest of the fleet. It's great for grocery getting and pottering around town, and as much as I'd like to have a dynamo/IGH-equipped Kona Coco or Cannondale Treadwell in that role, not having to worry about the mamachari getting stolen is a big plus in its favor.

Enjoy your new bike!

Two of the things I like best about mamachari (or that I miss about other types of bikes) are the very stable stands that let you park them anywhere and the ease of locking them. For my other bikes I always have to look for a spot where I can lean them against them and I have to get out my cable lock. With a mamachari, both parking and locking takes no more than a second.

Back
Top Bottom