What's new

New Bicycle For Daughter In Canada

One comment off the poll on that pink bike site:

"There's no denying that bigger wheel will roll over roots and rocks better. Why would I want to take the challenge out of riding? If I didn't want a technical challenge, I'd ride road." (my italics)

My daughter got herself a bike, it's called a Norco Malahat, it is a 700c wheeled Urban bike. Not what I would have bought, but then it is not a bike for me is it :D

I gave her a budget of $450 and told her anything above that she would have to pay out of her own pocket, the total with a good lock and taxe came to $538, so she has some of her own money invested in the bike, I hope that will mean she will take care of it, I think she will.

IMG_4425.jpg

IMG_4423.jpg

Pics in the shop

IMG_4422.jpg

Pic at home. Yes she got the girls version, whoops, I'm sorry that is the LADY'S version :rolleyes: :D

She has already done a two rides that were longer than 30 minutes, and today, well Sunday for her, she is going over to the SPCA where she volunteers walking dogs etc, and she will ride there and back, about a 16Km round trip, I know that does not sound like much but right now for her, it is an adventure.

I'm sure that she has the seat too low, I've instructed her on taking her PBH measurement and setting up the seat a bit higher, she has a good helmet and gloves, a light and a good lock. The store has already scheduled a check up for the bike in a few weeks, I think the service will be fine.

The bike is a tank, at 15Kg but this is what she wants, my home town is mostly flat, so she should be fine.

Thanks to everyone for the help.

Cheers!

No mudguards (fenders) in BC? :eek:

I like my mudguards here in Tokyo when it rains. Without them I soon look like a pig.

No mudguards (fenders) in BC? :eek:

I like my mudguards here in Tokyo when it rains. Without them I soon look like a pig.

Where I'm from in BC is does not rain much, and I doubt she would be out riding in the rain anyway, not that hardcore :D

Back
Top Bottom