What's new

New Arrival

Stormy

Speeding Up
Aug 2, 2012
Hi buddies,

I have just moved here from California, where I mainly focused on long distance road-biking: double century series and the longer randoneering brevets. I love climbing, although my weight suggests I am vertically challenged.

Last week, I participated in Haute Route in Switzerland and France, where I ran into GSAstuto. He suggested I sign up here.

Hoping to hook up with some of you to explore Tokyo and Japan by bike.

Cheers,
Norm

Welcome! Tim "GSAstuto" and I ride together frequently. In fact, we just rode together today. He had plenty of stories to tell about Haute Route! In any event, I post rides here for most weekends. You're welcome to join us any time.

Welcome, Norm!

There are some long distance events here in Japan, as there are several active randonneuring clubs all over Japan, see this list of brevets for Q4/2012 (in Japanese):
http://venus.sportsentry.ne.jp/event.php?tid=28800

Several members at TCC do long rides almost every weekend, for example Pete (Yamabushi).

I did a 300 km in May and had signed up for the AJ Kanagawa 400 km on 9/16, but will now miss it due to business travel :(

Thanks, Pete and Joe.

Well, my Japanese is probably not as evolved yet :/ (using the words "my" and "Japanese" in one sentence is probably already a blasphemy in itself) Hence, the hope for group rides.

I will post my Haute Route pictures as soon as I my PC is "off the ship".

Happy Sunday,
Norman :bike:

Hi buddies,

I have just moved here from California, where I mainly focused on long distance road-biking: double century series and the longer randoneering brevets. I love climbing, although my weight suggests I am vertically challenged.

Last week, I participated in Haute Route in Switzerland and France, where I ran into GSAstuto. He suggested I sign up here.

Hoping to hook up with some of you to explore Tokyo and Japan by bike.

Cheers,
Norm

Hi Norm ... belated welcome to town. I ride brevets and longer road events (Tokyo Itoigawa Fastrun!) ... and would be happy to get you information on the Japan Audax events. Unfortunately, the season is winding down ... but there are a few more events. Calendar is here:

http://www.audax-japan.org/BRM-calendar.html

... Jerome Bouhet and I may try to sign up for a 400 or 600 km event if we can get a spot. Maybe Saitama 400 on 9/22 or Aoba 600 on October 6. They tend to fill up early, but we can always try the special email plea to organizers.

Send me a private message if you want to discuss offline.

Back
Top Bottom