What's new

Neutral motorcycle on big road races

Chris Williams

Maximum Pace
Dec 21, 2013
Strange things you think about when you are out cycling but today was this :- People on here were asking about training wheels and normal wheels and the difference in position of the cogs so bad shifting and using Campag and Shimano together etc; On the Neutral motorcycle does he have a selection of different makes or 1 fit ALL??????

You can select a rear sprocket size on a motorcycle, and the serious race teams change the internal gearing inside the gearbox depending on the circuit they are racing. Just like on a bicycle just exponentially more expensive.

I believe the cog size and spacing is the same between Shimano and Campy so all will fit!
So long as its a 10 speed to 10 speed, 11 to 11 etc

New 11 speeds are pretty much interchangeable. "old" 8-9-10 there were definitely more of a pronounced difference between Campy and Shimano, and a need for campy specific spacers etc.

So what is the answer - people still discussing their own issues - Blob LOL

Last edited:
So they ask the rider in the heat of the race if they have Campag, Shimano etc and change the rear wheel.
I would love to see the point when 2 puncture together and he says _ sorry only one Shimano left - fist fight at dawn - me thinks

for all races with sponsored teams the support knows who rides what, sometimes this list is taped to the motorbike. Pretty rare to have neutral support in races with individualized bikes.

Back
Top Bottom