I wany to cycle around the coast.
Anyone live in Chiba?

Tomorrow l reach Chiba off of route 51.
I wany to cycle around the coast.
Anyone live in Chiba?

that sounds great. l got about 65 km to go to get to Chiba off of route 51

What roads should i take. Is the land flat or hilly
Thanks

Chiba (prefecture) is the other side of the Tone river from Ibaraki side. you are probably in it already.

Route 51 takes you into Chiba City (after Narita City) which is basically Tokyo Metropolitan area. I don't think route 51 is going to be very enjoyable or scenic.
If you want flat land head to the coast and turn south on prefectural road route 30. More camping options on the coast or near it than metro areas.
BUT coastal path means less train stations so you will kind of have to commit to cycling which means you will need more calories or fatigue is going to be an issue, IMHO.
Others may have more experience on low calorie cycling but I tend to fuel up at night and breakfast and burn it during the day.

All depends what you want to see and do. stay safe.

Attachments

• route 30 .png
    route 30 .png
    1.1 MB · Views: 6
  • route 51 .png
    route 51 .png
    1.2 MB · Views: 5
Last edited:
on the west coast there is this café in the Futsu area
https://cafe-grove.space/
in the central area is this stop it an old primary school converted into a bike/ café stop

Hi guys.
I am close to Narita.
I will try to find exit for Tako and go to ligura then find road to beaches.
Is this good.
thanks

you're heading inland now?
try a google maps search.
I'm not sure where you are exactly

I made it to the coast where there is that very big pool.1000s of people. But l cant find route 30.DSC_0411.JPGDSC_0413.JPGDSC_0412.JPG1660514743225.jpgat kujuni park, kujukuri

Last edited:
yep that road running parallel to the coast is route 30.
i think there should be camping (stealth) between the road and the beach amongst the low scrub.
the surf beaches have fresh water showers which are free.
How far did you ride today?

so far 134 km.
68 of it was yesterday.
Its almost 5 pm si l will start to look for tent place.
Tomorrow l think hotter.
Any sightseeing in thus area ?

try the Taito lighthouse on your way south but if you look left there is a pretty awesome ocean. Swimming is mostly safe along the coast. swim where there are other people. A surf lesson is always fun.
do you know where you are heading to, say in a week where do you want to be?

found abounden park tonight
Tokyo is next stop.Maybe 4 nights in Chiba

l passed it up did take one picE. exaushed tonight

maybe get cold

take care
you would have burned a few thousand calories of energy today.
water food and sleep, you need a whole lot of each.
good night

You are approaching my training roads, inland Boso. (I live in Mobara, and train south or west from there)
If you head south, your options will be to continue further along the coast, or go westward to some more inland roads.
Would advise to have a try through Ootaki (castle), and Yoro Keikoku (Awamata no Taki. cascade.) before heading south to the coast (Katsuura - Awa Kamogawa). A change of landscape, quite up and down after Ootaki, steepy roads through the forest and countryside, but much less cars. (with the weight, coastal roads are much easier)
Have a good time anyway, by this heat !

Back
Top Bottom