What's new

Nature Bars

FarEast

Maximum Pace
May 25, 2009
Can anybody help me?

Back in the UK I lived off "Tracker" granola bars while out on long rides, but I can't seem for the life of me find any here in Japan that aren't covered in an assortment of either chocolate or yogurt or other unhealthy toppings or stuffed to high hell with sugar and other nasties.

Can anyone one tell me where I can source these and the average price?

Don't know if they're exactly what you're looking for, but I see a lot of SoyJoys in jersey pockets. Made from soy bean, supposedly quite healthy. Only problem for me is they're a bit short of calories...

SOYJOY4BarLoRes.jpg

Available at most conbinis, a bit cheaper in bulk from the drug store.

Phil, thanks I have tried these but the ones I had tasted like cardboard that was left outside for the summer.

Are there any flavors anyone can recommend of the SOYJOY???

Nature Valley bars are nice. You can get a big box of them from Nissin World Delicatessen (or order from Amazon jp)

71q1BscZKIL._SL500_AA280_.gif

Not too dry, not too sweet, don't melt in the heat.

Phil, thanks I have tried these but the ones I had tasted like cardboard that was left outside for the summer.

Are there any flavors anyone can recommend of the SOYJOY???

Hi, just to add to this, has anyone found a decent bulk rate for powerbars in japan?

Hi, just to add to this, has anyone found a decent bulk rate for powerbars in japan?

Oh god yes...... or High Five energy drink!

Also having looked around at prices and quantity and as Phil mentioned the lack of calories in each bar. I'm going to see if I can make my own.... my Daughter wants to get involved as its Fathers Day tomorrow.

So I will post up the receipe and also step bystep instructions on how to make them with pictures.

Nature Valley bars are nice. You can get a big box of them from Nissin World Delicatessen (or order from Amazon jp)

71q1BscZKIL._SL500_AA280_.gif

Not too dry, not too sweet, don't melt in the heat.

They have the green ones back in stock at Costco 48bars for about ¥1,800

zenbiker, thanks for the heads up on that! I will keep an eye out for them the next time I'm there.

Well I made my own over the weekend with my daughter and sampled them after the commute in this morning.... I have no ideas how many calories they pack but they taste bloody good!

If I have time this weekend I will do the calculations and test to work out how many calories they pack. I will also try to upload the photos and the receipe later on today!

I have to concur with freeride, odwalla bars are awesome (very soft and chewey). Unlike powerbars which take a jaw of steel to bite into. I pay just under $1 a bar. Of course making your own bars is the easiest route and takes very little effort. A little protein powder, peanut butter, nuts, apple sauce, and ground and whole oatmeal, and flax seed. Stick them in the fridge or eat them straight out of the bowl.

James

Back
Top Bottom