What's new

Nara velodrome

davemoran73

Warming-Up
Oct 7, 2010
Hello all
I'm off to Osaka next week and would be interested in watching some track racing, I think Nara is pretty close. Does anyone know the racing schedule for the week 18th-25th October? Or any other events around that area at this time? I have found the website http://www.narakeirin.jp/but infortunately cannot translate it. Thanks in advance,
Dave

I just had a look.
If you were just a little bit earlier you could see one of this years highest rated races in Nara. There is a G2-class event there from 8th to 11th.

In your time-frame there will be no races in Nara, just satellites, meaning you get to watch other races on a big screen. Not much fun, if you ask me.

Also looking at the country-wide race calendar, there are no races in general in the Kansai area that time.

Wow thank you so much for looking. Where is the nearest event around that time? I'd be prepared to travel, since I've never seen it before

Well,
There is Toride (22-24), Utsunomiya (20-22) and Keiokaku (23-25), which are all relatively close to Tokyo.
It's just "low" F1 and F2 class, but I would not worry about that, as it is just as good to watch.

Keiokaku will be a nighter race, meaning that the later heats will be under floodlights in the evening. As this stadium is one of the most prestigious and easy to get to from Tokyo proper, that would be my recommendation.

The other two velodromes I haven't entered. If you were to stick around in Utsunomiya, which is about one hour train ride North of Tokyo, you could watch Japan's highest level road race on the 23rd-24th. A lot of international pros are going to be there too. I'm going.

Back
Top Bottom