What's new

My shipment arrives tomorrow... BIKES!

bloaker

Sincerely A Dick
Nov 14, 2011
Tomorrow my Road Bike, Cross Bike and Mountain bike all arrive from the states. I am actually pretty excited to get all my bikes in my possession again.

My fargo has done excellent for a '1 Bike' stable... it has allowed me to explore a bit and generally be a tourist. I went for a great ride with Kuba a few weeks ago on it and enjoyed the comfort for 190km, but then again, with less roll resistance, it may have been more fun. Not sure... (I will throw in there I am not in good biking shape right now - so I am more to blame than the bike)

Regardless... the toys will be here tomorrow!

IMG_1202.jpg

Sorry for the pointless post... I am just excited to have my bikes back.

Sorry for the pointless post... I am just excited to have my bikes back.

Good for you!

(and at least it's a post about bikes and not about Alpha males, psychology and what not...) :D

Is it sad I checked to make sure my seat and bar tape matched prior to posting the picture?

I did not want to get dogged too bad for my preference in MTB pedals.

Is it sad I checked to make sure my seat and bar tape matched prior to posting the picture?

I did not want to get dogged too bad for my preference in MTB pedals.

how are those crank bros candy(?) pedals working for you? used to have crank bros mallets once but stayed away from them after my bad experience : the spindles break and you have to rebuild them too often! :confused:

I broke a set of Candy C pedals. Broken spindle just like you said.

I had a set of Candy 2s on the cross bike and I liked them significantly better.
When I was getting ready to buy another set for my MTB, Chainlove.com had Candy 3s for cheaper than I can get Candy 2s... so I ordered two sets.

Shortly there after - The Candy 2s got bashed into a rock and still work, but one pedal sticks a little. I have to clean that set often to keep them working - so they are rendered to backup status.

So far, I have had no issues at all with the 3s. They are also all metal. no plastic caps to deal with when servicing them.

how are those crank bros candy(?) pedals working for you? used to have crank bros mallets once but stayed away from them after my bad experience : the spindles break and you have to rebuild them too often! :confused:

I'm a proud owner of eggbeaters 3, had them for over 1.5 years now, and rode over 2000km (nothing compared to some members here).
One pair of cleats worn to the point that harder pull on the show had me unclip.

Pedals - so far all good, no issues with them, but I do keep a full rebuild kit in my toolbox for whenever the day comes...

I had a huge dilemma whether to go with eggbeaters or candy - went with the former, and never regretted a thing.

Back
Top Bottom