My old girl has gone

Mike

Maximum Pace
Sep 24, 2007
Kanagawa
Well, just sold my old Trek 1500/Discovery Channel Team replica road bike to a mate and I have to say I'm feeling kind of blue. Honestly, my stomach turned as she was ridden off into the sunset, well it was a cloudy evening so I'm just exagerating a bit:(

We had some great times together and we definitely got along better than I have with any of my ex gf's:p

Just wondering if anyone else has had these kind of feelings after selling or passing on an old trusted bike? Surely it can't be just me or can it?

Ah well, at least she has been sold to a good mate who will look after her, and will hopefully join me for some rides which means we can meet again:D

And As I write this I find myself glancing over my shoulder at my new bike and as beautiful as she is I just can't feel that special connection yet. But damn, I know we'll get there soon. Let the fun begin:thumb:

So the questions I pose fellow TCC'ers are these:

How close is the relationship between you and your chosen steed?
Have you experienced what I did today, and if so is it true man can in fact have serious feelings for machines?
Or am I just an idiot who should find some real human relationships:D

oh and p.s. Is anyone riding this Saturday? I promise I'm not that crazy:confused:

FarEast

Maximum Pace
May 25, 2009
Yokohama
Just put it like this, I still have the KONA AA Custom that I rode in the 1996 Cross Country National Championships.

The 1997 Concorde PDM Team issue road bike (ridden now by my dad in the UK)

The KONA Munimula that I bought back in 2001 when I first came to Japan.

Plus numerous other bikes back in the UK.

PS:

Im open for riding this Saturday.

kiwisimon

Maximum Pace
Dec 14, 2006
Japan
So the questions I pose fellow TCC'ers are these:

How close is the relationship between you and your chosen steed?
Have you experienced what I did today, and if so is it true man can in fact have serious feelings for machines?
Or am I just an idiot who should find some real human relationships:D
d:
Just shaddup and ride. It's a bike.