What's new

My next bike.....

Taffmonster

Warming-Up
Mar 2, 2011
If you guys are anything like me, you will have your eye on your next build or your next bike. If thats the case why not post it here and let us all drool over the bikes we may never own.....

as the old addage goes the ideal number of bikes is:
(number already owned) + 1
(number obtainable before wife/husband files for divorce) -1

actually crazy as it sounds but having just finished building my dream bike everything else is just..... second rate... however, would love the latest Campy Group to go on it.

actually crazy as it sounds but having just finished building my dream bike everything else is just..... second rate... however, would love the latest Campy Group to go on it.

haha

is that the prince ? that was yours right ?

Not crazy at all. I have five bikes ( Custom all rounder, Custom couplered Roadie, MTB, Trackie and BMX) and between them there are no gaps that need filling, my dream? A better engine for all of them. Oh and getting the BMX built up again.

I guess im just a massive consumerist. lol
I love my merida, ive built it up pretty good so far and finally got the weight under 9kg (which is still heavy i know). But i would ultimately like 3 bikes. A single speed for around town. a training bike (my merida fits that bill) and a carbon bike for burning rubber.

haha

is that the prince ? that was yours right ?

Yes the Prince is mine.... along with the Pinarello FP3, Fuji SL-1, Kona Custom AA and many more :D

My 'next' bike would be my current bike but with better upgrades. At the moment a work in progress...

Tho there are plenty of bikes to drool over but are just beyond a tad too expensive;)

I used to think my dream bike was a Cervelo R3 but then I rode one, and whilst it was way better than what I used at the time, it just didn`t really do anythng for me, and the S2 (SLC back then) did even less. The bike I have now (previously mentioned CAAD 9) wasn`t even on my radar: I was in a shop to test out something else and they happened to have one in a size that worked for me. So purely tried it out just to see what all the fuss was about as I knew it was being discontinued and that was that. I was hooked in the first minute. And still am. So I don`t worry about dream bikes, as I have mine. And as it shows, dreaming about a bike is one thing, but ultimately it`s how it feels/rides that matters and you can`t tell that from a catalogue.

The Silkroad from Peter White Cycles......

1_silkroad_gold_vollausstat.jpg

>> LINK <<

With the Rolhoff 14 speed hub, 26" wheels, Dynamo front hub to run lights and the time to go round the world on it :D

Got to be one of the best thought out touring bikes out there!

I think im going to buy my next bike next month...

im waiting to test ride but its between 2 felts (F5 and AR5), Giant tcr composite se and kuota kharma (105)

My merida is riding lovely with all my new parts on her but i really want some carbon

It seems the TCC is made up of people that when they were younger dreamt of being accountants :(

I've had my eye on one of these for a long time.....

pinbiklugred.jpg

Its a replica of one of the original Pinarello track bikes, while all the other companies were tarting around trying to get on the fixie bandwagon last year Pinarello did the most sensible thing I've seen abike company do and pull the plans out from thier 1950's bike and remake it in Alu.

Would love to have one but alas 150,000 for a track bike is crazy money.

It seems the TCC is made up of people that when they were younger dreamt of being accountants :(

I've had my eye on one of these for a long time.....

pinbiklugred.jpg

Its a replica of one of the original Pinarello track bikes, while all the other companies were tarting around trying to get on the fixie bandwagon last year Pinarello did the most sensible thing I've seen abike company do and pull the plans out from thier 1950's bike and remake it in Alu.

Would love to have one but alas 150,000 for a track bike is crazy money.

If it aint broke don't fix it. Thats a heft price tag though. Is that dollars or Pounds ?

The Silkroad from Peter White Cycles......

>> LINK <<

With the Rolhoff 14 speed hub, 26" wheels, Dynamo front hub to run lights and the time to go round the world on it :D

Got to be one of the best thought out touring bikes out there!

Uh, Stu,

You just made me waste 40 minutes or so there...!

John D.

Uh, Stu,

John D.

You are welcome :D

Some REALLY cool bikes, that you could ride for the rest of your life! :cool:

Uh, Stu,

John D.

Yeah, me too! I've been looking at a dedicated tourer with a Rohloff for a while now, just can't bring myself to drop that kind of coin on another bike at the moment.

Back
Top Bottom