What's new

My new Trek

thomas

The Crank Engine
Nov 1, 2005
Pardon me my showing off, but finally my new Trek 5000 got delivered. :happy:

I had to order it from the US, because they only have frame size 58 available in Japan. What can I say... feels like Christmas, Easter and oshogatsu at the same time! What a nice piece of bike technology...

trek_5000_odaiba.jpg

I tested it throughout this week, and I am very content. It's light (particularly compared to my Focus CB), fast as hell, and its carbon frame absorbs shocks smoothly. I am still using old Shimano M324 pedals, but will replace them with the R540 tomorrow. The Bontrager saddle looks quite bulky, but pleases my rear end.

What a quantum leap! :)

It looks good !

Oh- I understand new bike is very exciting. You ride very big bike.
Long legs are jearous and make some trouble. Good and bad is half and half, isn't it?
Carbon bike reduces fatigue in long distance and you can taste fine feeling.
I hope next foto when you are riding.

muller said:
Long legs are jearous and make some trouble. Good and bad is half and half, isn't it?

I agree with you, Muller-san, long legs are a double-edged katana, especially in Japan. :D

The Trek will undergo a crucible next Sunday/Monday on our Tour de Himono. I promise there will be a lot of pics covering the tour. :run01:

thomas said:
I agree with you, Muller-san, long legs are a double-edged katana, especially in Japan. :D

The Trek will undergo a crucible next Sunday/Monday on our Tour de Himono. I promise there will be a lot of pics covering the tour. :run01:
Happy your new bike!!

And take care not to be stolen.:cop: I recommend you strong lock for Tour de Himono!

thomas said:
You mean I cannot trust my fellow TCC members?? :p
Your new bike is worth for stealing for ME.:thumb:

That Trek bike looks sexy! Hey guys I just arrived in Japan yesterday evening but I will go to the U.S. for 20 days vacation. I will send pictures back of my Trek 2100 as I Tour through Napa and Sonoma with wine tasting stops...LOL. Plus I will see you all at the end of July. Watch for my posted pics of Tour De Hood in about 4 days....LOL. Take care, Sha

Sora said:
Your new bike is worth for stealing for ME.:thumb:

thomas said:
Pardon me my showing off, but finally my new Trek 5000 got delivered. :happy:

I had to order it from the US, because they only have frame size 58 available in Japan. What can I say... feels like Christmas, Easter and oshogatsu at the same time! What a nice piece of bike technology...

trek_5000_odaiba.jpg

I tested it throughout this week, and I am very content. It's light (particularly compared to my Focus CB), fast as hell, and its carbon frame absorbs shocks smoothly. I am still using old Shimano M324 pedals, but will replace them with the R540 tomorrow. The Bontrager saddle looks quite bulky, but pleases my rear end.

What a quantum leap! :)

Yes I will be getting rid of my Bontrager saddle as well! Comfortable but doesn't look sleek and racey at all! I will get an Italia saddle, now that's hot! I really like how they molded the OCLV carbon at the tube angles.....very aero! When I flew threw Singapore, I stopped by a shop called Treknology and they had a Trek 5000 loaded with all Dura Ace components and it was nice, but expensive as hell......Whew! I think it was about $4800 USD without pedals

Hey guys I knew I was back in Japan as soon as I got off the plane because my allergies kicked in like clockwork. The air quality sucks in the Tokyo area this weekend....BANANAS!

Freeride39 said:
Yes I will be getting rid of my Bontrager saddle as well! Comfortable but doesn't look sleek and racey at all! I will get an Italia saddle, now that's hot!

Freeride39 said:
Hey guys I knew I was back in Japan as soon as I got off the plane because my allergies kicked in like clockwork. The air quality sucks in the Tokyo area this weekend....BANANAS!

Yeah, Freeride. The air in Tokyo sucks. It's very dificult to ride as well. :warau:

Byw, Thomas!!! that so nice bike!!!!
I couldn't reach you so far but now will be impossible. :confused:

Welcome to Japan again, Freeride39-san!:D
Freeride39 said:
That Trek bike looks sexy! Hey guys I just arrived in Japan yesterday evening but I will go to the U.S. for 20 days vacation. I will send pictures back of my Trek 2100 as I Tour through Napa and Sonoma with wine tasting stops...LOL. Plus I will see you all at the end of July. Watch for my posted pics of Tour De Hood in about 4 days....LOL. Take care, Sha
Enjoy your vacation! And see you after that!!:D :D

Hotter than hell

Yes I was going to ride to Napa today, but I need to hit that trip earlier, it has hit 105 degrees fahrenheit or 40.5 celsius....damn! That's a lot of water and riding solo!

Sora said:
Welcome to Japan again, Freeride39-san!:D

Enjoy your vacation! And see you after that!!:D :D

Trek cyclo computer

Hey at my favorite Trek shop in Sacramento, CA the TREK Incite Lucky 7 is on sale for $25.00 bucks on a Tour Mania sale. I have a Cateye cyclo computer, but this is by TREK so I might just buy it because it went from $49.00 to $25.00. If anybody wants one, let me know before Saturday! I will hand carry it back to Japan for you. View attachment 41

Freeride39 said:
Yes I was going to ride to Napa today, but I need to hit that trip earlier, it has hit 105 degrees fahrenheit or 40.5 celsius....damn! That's a lot of water and riding solo!

Freeride39 said:
Hey at my favorite Trek shop in Sacramento, CA the TREK Incite Lucky 7 is on sale for $25.00 bucks on a Tour Mania sale. I have a Cateye cyclo computer, but this is by TREK so I might just buy it because it went from $49.00 to $25.00. If anybody wants one, let me know before Saturday! I will hand carry it back to Japan for you. View attachment 41

Cool, thanks for the offer, Freeride! :)

Does it have any additional features compared to the Cateye CC?

thomas said:

I will be checking it out next week! The cateye does have a lot of features, even a light

thomas said:

Current speed
Average speed
Maximum speed
Odometer
Trip distance
Elapsed time
12/24-hour clock
Temperature
Pacer
Dual wheel size

"Stop the Press" I just found out that it's not wireless. Don't want it....LOL

Back