What's new

Review My new panniers (bags) arrived

adventurous cyclist

turtle speed cyclist
May 16, 2019
One of our fine members suggested to me about panniers to relieve the top weight over the rear carrier. I posted a picture on my blog with my camping gear on the rear carrier and that is when the member said, how about some panniers.
I bought the "Ostrich" brand ones. Double bags. I got to say I paid a premium price for them, but I hope to be using them often. I'm really impressed with them. They have the buckle type straps and on the bottom they have a quick release type buckle. I think they did this because they are hard to release if you had stuff in the bags. The material used is heavy duty stuff. The bags themselves are not all that large, but large enough to put a sleeping bag and heavy duty raincoat in and the other bag, a chair and a rinko bag. I'll have a backpack for the other stuff. I highly recommend this bag. I don't know the model number but seems like it was the only one in the catalogue. Out the door price was 6420 yen. I think I bought a quality made pannier.
Also the shop owner gave me a new adjustable water bottle holder. High quality. It was nice of the owner to make the adjustments needed to install the bottle holder and install the pannier.

207 new panniers.JPG

Just the right size for this bike
208  new panniers 2.JPG

This is the new water bottle holder the shop owner gave me free
206  new water holder.JPG

Complete traveling set up
210 complete set up.JPG

Time for a test ride.
209  test  ride.JPG

After riding the bike for about 10 minutes, I felt all was balance including a full backpack.
We had the typhoon coming so I couldn't leave for Shimane, but today the sun is coming out. Maybe tomorrow I leave. Yippy!

Hey guys looks like OK weather for the 17th. I put TCC on my Android, but I don't know how to post any pictures. Do I use Photobucket? If so, how do I do it on the Android. Do I need the app?
If I can't do it, I'll just post here and let you folks know that after all these years, my wife said "GO". :)

Ride safe and have fun(I'm sure you will).
Thanks Kiwisimon
I know its hot yet, but it's not like I'm going to be riding for more then 2 hours at time, maybe a little more, depends on the clouds, and I'm really looking to see the sites in Shimane Pref. If time permits I'll also go to the next prefecture north of it.

Back
Top Bottom