What's new

Multi-bike rack

Half-Fast Mike

Lanterne Rouge-et-vert
May 22, 2007
Cycling to work has become increasingly popular at my workplace, and I have been charged with purchasing a bike rack for sports bikes that have no stand, i.e., a horizontal pole from which the bike hangs by its saddle, with supporting legs.

I don't mind buying new or used. Probably 1.5 m long would be enough.

Any recommendations of products to buy or products to avoid?

You mean like the ones they have outside combinis out towards the mountains, etc?

Most of those are just made after a visit to the local home centre. You can find poles,clamps and joiners at most home centers.

How about buying a 1.5m scaffolding pole and four 1m poles for legs along with 2 brackets and make your own?

This is for placing on British Turf! Couldn't possibly consider erecting scaffold poles there, no matter how practical.....:eek:

How about buying a 1.5m scaffolding pole and four 1m poles for legs along with 2 brackets and make your own?

Unless you want it to look nicer than that. Also, the ones used by one of my LBS is too low to hook my seat on (or my seat is too high or bike too big). Do some measuring to know what you need and will be getting.

Thank you for all the comments and suggestions. I will look at prices for a DIY scaffolding pole approach but I think that will look too chunky. The Minoura product looks nice and simple, but seems expensive for what it is.

Back
Top Bottom