What's new

Official Ride Mt. Fuji International Hill Climb Race 2007 (19th TCC Tour)

Sora-san,

Thank your words of comfort and the photo. Getting to the Finish line is the key thing... not when :) I will therefore definately join an by seperate mail I will forward you my info for registration.

Ash, looking forward to riding with you also :bike:

C

I'd like to participate...

But I need all the help I can get registering and actually getting to the location.

The limit of entry is Sep. 14.
Are there any other challengers?:)

来年は・・・

まいど~。浅草のSHIBAGONです。
Mt. Fuji International Hill Climb Race 2007 ですが、今年は出勤&忙殺大売出しでぶっ倒れているはずなので、断念します。そのぶん、来年に向けて、日々精進しますので来年よろしくです:warau:

Can I still register through the club?

I can't provide the information in Japanese, but I'll provide all my info in English. I'd hate to miss out on such a unique event.

Ted

I can't provide the information in Japanese, but I'll provide all my info in English. I'd hate to miss out on such a unique event.

Ted
hi ted-san,

i don't know the limit time of entry tomorrow, but i will try so give me your info and e-mail address of cel phone (if you have,. in the case i have questions about your info) ASAP

sora

Sorry....

I didn't get your reply until it was too late. But thanks for offering. I appreciate it.

I didn't get your reply until it was too late. But thanks for offering. I appreciate it.

Hi Ted-san,
sorry to hear that. Let's join next year.

So far, the number of participants is 6:

Sora [entry: completed]
Thomas [entry: completed]
David(trucksan)
Greg (gmason) [entry: completed]
Shinobu [entry: completed]
Cyclops [entry: completed]

:cop: Soon letter from commitee will reach you. Don't forget to bring the letter on race. :cop:
I will reserve the accomodations for 2 nights.:)

I am really looking forward to the race! :)

I think I will ride out to Subashiri on Oct. 6 (not that far actually, did it with Christoph last Saturday). I have a suggestion for the ride back to Tokyo on Monday, Oct. 8: instead of taking the R413 through Doshi Valley, I'm interested in going around the other side of the lake and climb up Matsuhime Pass (R139) from Otsuki once again, and eventually continue to Itsukaichi via Tomin-no-mori. Any takers welcome! :cool:

So Thomas intends to give us all a bit of a chance by expending some energy on the Saturday by riding out to Subashiri. Very decent of you.

What is everybody else doing with regards getting there? ride or train?

As for the return ride on monday - I'm game for anything as long as my knee holds out on Sunday, I haven't had the opportunity of riding out that way yet so I will trust your judgement on the actual route back to Tokyo.
With regards to my knee strain from last weekend all should be fine but I'll reserve my commitment to the ride back until after the race on Sunday.

Strangely enough I am looking forward to the event too should be fun (if that's the right word)
Thomas are you aiming to better last years time or is just getting to the top still the goal?

Greg

So Thomas intends to give us all a bit of a chance by expending some energy on the Saturday by riding out to Subashiri. Very decent of you.

What is everybody else doing with regards getting there? ride or train?

As for the return ride on monday - I'm game for anything as long as my knee holds out on Sunday, I haven't had the opportunity of riding out that way yet so I will trust your judgement on the actual route back to Tokyo.
With regards to my knee strain from last weekend all should be fine but I'll reserve my commitment to the ride back until after the race on Sunday.

Strangely enough I am looking forward to the event too should be fun (if that's the right word)
Thomas are you aiming to better last years time or is just getting to the top still the goal?

Greg

Hi Greg,

I'm just too lazy to bring my rinko-bukuro and to disassemble my bike. The ride out to Subashiri will be slow-paced, with occasional (beer?) stops along R246. Monday's route back to Tokyo is just a suggestion, but Matsuhime Pass is quite interesting (25km of climb).

As for the race itself: last year I swore to finish this time in just under one hour, but now that the event is imminent I feel that a touch of modesty would be appropriate. Therefore, I shall be contented with reaching the finish. :warau:

Thomas,

I viewed the times for last years event, sub 1 hour would be mighty impressive. I sort of worked on a 1:15 - 1:30 time, kind of where you were last year if memory serves me right. Although as the day gets closer, I will settle for just getting to the top!

Based on a converstation I have just had (literally whilst typing this) with my boss back in the UK, the Fuji event could turn out to be my last weekend in Japan (calling me back early:() so I may just go all out for the 3 days; ride out, do the race and ride back, keeping liberally lubricated along the way and then sleep on the plane home!

Greg

Hi,

at last we have 7 challengers:
Sora [entry: completed]
Thomas [entry: completed]
David(trucksan)
Greg (gmason) [entry: completed]
Shinobu [entry: completed]
Cyclops [entry: completed]
Elvis [entry: completed]

I have reserverd the same inns as last year.
for Oct. 6th: minshuku "Ougiya" 8,400 yen
for Oct. 7th: minshuku "Lake-so" 7,000 yen
(both are with dinner and breakfast)
For details, check the report of last year.
=> https://tokyocycle.com/tcc_tours/mtfuji_hillclimb/fujihillclimb2006_report.swf

And this is route and profile of the Thomas-san's suggestion for last year:
Anyone is interested?
=> https://tokyocycle.com/tcc_tours/mtfuji_hillclimb_2007/suggestionforday3.htm

OK,

we are 7, who is planning on riding out on saturday and who is planning on going by train?
Thomas, what are your plans for saturday ride out if anybody wants to join you for the ride - if you don't mind the company that is?

Anybody know where I can get a Rinko from as Y's (my usual shop) have sold out! and I would like the option on travel, especially the return if my knee gives out during the climb on sunday, at the moment it feels good but really don't want to tempt fate.

Greg

OK,

we are 7, who is planning on riding out on saturday and who is planning on going by train? Thomas, what are your plans for saturday ride out if anybody wants to join you for the ride - if you don't mind the company that is?

Anybody know where I can get a Rinko from as Y's (my usual shop) have sold out! and I would like the option on travel, especially the return if my knee gives out during the climb on sunday, at the moment it feels good but really don't want to tempt fate.

Greg, I'd be delighted about company! Saturday's ride depends on the weather, but all forecasts predict sunshine and warm temperatures. I don't want to leave too early, but preferred to arrive in Subashiri at daylight. Therefore, my suggestion would be to meet in Shibuya at 10:00 or 11:00am.

As for the rinko-bukuro: you could try the OD Box Annex in Okachimachi.

Thomas,

thanks for the 'rinko' shop option, I'll drop by tomorrow, assuming I can get away from the office in time.
As for saturday, I will keep an eye on the weather, although, as you say the forecasts look good, so all being well I'll join you for the ride out, I don't know the route or the actual distance so I'll trust your judgement on start time to ensure daylight arrival.

Greg

information

hello,

Saturday schedule for "rinko":

10:00 am Tokyo Sta., Yesu Exit. (東京駅八重洲口)
11:03 am leave Tokyo Sta. (東京駅発)
12:31 pm change train at Kouzu Sta. (国府津駅で乗り換え)
1:15 pm arrive at Gotenba Sta. (御殿場駅着)
2:00 pm arrive at Fuji Speedway for application (受付のために富士スピードウェイ着)

1,890yen for train.

> to all,
Did you recieve a letter from comittee?
DON'T FORGET TO BRING THE ENVELOPE AND PAPERS!!
(The envelope itself is necessary for your applicatoin.)
I will send my mobile phone nunber and e-mail address in PM.
I will not wait for you in the case you will be late for the train. So if something will happen unfortunately, please let me know ASAP.
The cancelation fee for 6th's inn will be active from Friday for 6th.
(for 7th, I will check tomorrow.)
Cancelation fee for the race is 6,000 yen, it is not depends on the date.

> Pete-san(Edogawakikkoman)
thank you for your info. I will check.

> Thomas-san and Greg-san,
when are your estimated arrival time? The papers in the envelope says, "If you cannot come on Sat. for application ( it is untill 3:30 pm) in some unfortunate reasons, you can apply on Sun. morning." So you can on Sun.
Please let me know your way.

Anyway, are you ready?:D

Thomas-san and Greg-san,
when are your estimated arrival time? The papers in the envelope says, "If you cannot come on Sat. for application ( it is untill 3:30 pm) in some unfortunate reasons, you can apply on Sun. morning." So you can on Sun.
Please let me know your way.

Thanks for your heads-up, Sora-san! :)

I believe that Greg and I can make it to Subashiri until 3:30pm on Saturday. :bike:

Back
Top Bottom