What's new

Official Ride Mt. Fuji International Hill Climb 2010

kpykc

Speeding Up
Jun 13, 2007
The 7th Mt. Fuji International Hill Climb (2010)

--------- Official information ---------

The official page of the 2010 race:
http://sunday-sunday.net/race/2010/2010Fujikokusai/2010fuji_race.htm

Dates & schedule:
* June 5th (sat), registration (13:00 - 16:00)
* June 6th (sun), registration (6:30 - 7:30), race (starting from 8:30~)

Signing up:
- 6000 yen
- Sports Entry page:
http://www.sportsentry.ne.jp/event.php?tid=22063
- deadline for sign up is 14th of May

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Will Clay (echothree) be able to defend his "expert class champion" title? Will the climb become flatter than last year? How many tires will explode on the descent this time?
..or maybe you are wondering what equipment the best climbers in Japan use?

JOIN TO FIND OUT! :D

------------------------------------Disclaimer from TCC--------------------------------------
[in Japanese 日本語]
以下の内容に同意の上、オフィシャルツアーにご参加ください。

---------------オフィシャルツアー参加規約---------------
東京サイクリングクラブ(TCC)は、オフィシャルツアーにおいて発生する事故・怪我・損害等について一切責任を負いません。すべて参加者の自己責任において処理・対応をお願いします。対人・対物の事故が発生した場合も、事故の相手との交渉・対応等は全て事故を起こした方ご本人が行ってください。
上記内容に同意いただけない場合は参加をお断りいたします。

Oh dang, that's the next TCC regular I'm going to miss this year, won't be in Japan... :eek:uch:

Ahh, cool! Looking forward to it! :D
Last year there was a category that started after everyone else and seemed to be a bit faster - does anyone know what this is and if any Joe Blow can enter it?

Thanks for posting Sergey...I've always wanted to do this Fuji hillclimb (compared to the other overcrowded "Funride one") and will try to create an opening for this. Would of course cycle up to the venue and back.

Sergey, you will be riding out to the Fuji Speedway Circuit too, right? How about accommodation?

On the same day

It is weird that this is being held on the same day as the other Mt. Fuji Hill Climb that some of us, including me, have signed up for. Don't these RD talk to each other?

K

>Clay, i might be wrong, but these guys are pro cyclists (TR class, don't know what it means) - they do this race as a part of their Tour of Japan series, and i don't think that simple mortals are allowed to start at the same time as them

>Tom, you are right, it's not so popular and there are just no stretches on this course that are fun to ride, so the Funride will not live up to their name if they turn their sights to this race :)

all that said, my circumstances might prevent me from joining it this time (50/50 so far) - i will know better after the golden week

It is weird that this is being held on the same day as the other Mt. Fuji Hill Climb that some of us, including me, have signed up for. Don't these RD talk to each other?

K
Both of them though will be full so it's good to have a choice.... Too bad if you want to race both of them though....

Thanks for the info Sergey. I'm signed up and ready to race, 35-39 y/o category. Hope you can make it mate:p

11.4km, 10% average gradient...look out Mikuni here i come for some training runs:confused:

Tom, like I said earlier, I might not be able to join it this year (will decide after the golden week), but if I do I will def. ride out all the way to Yamanaka-ko from Fuchu (~90 km).
Sora-san was arranging the accomodation all the previous years, it's better to get the references from him. Hopefully, he will join this year as well :)

Thanks for posting Sergey...I've always wanted to do this Fuji hillclimb (compared to the other overcrowded "Funride one") and will try to create an opening for this. Would of course cycle up to the venue and back.

Sergey, you will be riding out to the Fuji Speedway Circuit too, right? How about accommodation?

Mike, I'll be looking forward to stack couple of Mikunis and Kazahari-rindos into my legs too - hope to see you suffer soon! :D

How does that work having both events on the same day? Is the Funride one up a different side? Looking at the website, it seems the Funride has a max slope of only 8%... I've already registered for the Funride one though, should I cancel that and enter this one instead??

Clay, the funride isn't the one you did last year. I think there are something like 5000 people in that one! And yeah, they go up different roads.

Accommodation info

Hi all,

I booked Ougiya for 10 people on June 5th.:)
Ougiya Ryokan
=> http://www5a.biglobe.ne.jp/~ougiya/
accommodation fee: about 8,500 yen (with dinner and breakfast, without beer)

Sora San, can you put me down for the ryokan as long as that music on their homepage isn't played all night:confused:

Thanks, Mike.

Clay,
Keren, me is going to same race you signed up(Fuji Mt. HC 25 or 28km?). we'll stay in the cheapest hotel in the Kawaguchiko(4,410Yen, no dinner/breakfast but onsen ). If you interested let me know or maybe we can go the reception together. Below is the basic plan we're going to the Venue.

■ Shinjuku to Kawaguchiko, 5th June(Saturday)
- 08:14 - 10:20 // JR holiday express Kawaguchiko 1go—> 2,390YEN
■ Kawaguchiko to Shinjuku, 6th June(Sunday)
- 15:43 - 18:04 // JR holiday express Kawaguchiko 2go—> 2,390YEN

IN

Hi all,

I booked Ougiya for 10 people on June 5th.:)
Ougiya Ryokan
=> http://www5a.biglobe.ne.jp/~ougiya/
accommodation fee: about 8,500 yen (with dinner and breakfast, without beer)

Sora-san,

Please reserve 2places for Alan and me in the Ryokan. Thanks!

We have just registered for the ''madness hill climb race'' It will be a big challenge for me. My target is to finish without walking:warau:(possible?)
Uhhh,,,, I should start training ASAP, as I felt out of shape yesterday:eek:uch:

Naomi:)

Kimm, thanks for the offer, but I've decided to enter this one instead (as opposed to the funride one.) It looks like this one is a bit more serious, and I'm always up for some pain and suffering. I've sent an email to the funride organisers and asked if I can cancel, but my emails have been disappearing into a black hole, so if anyone wants my spot...?

Sora, can you please sign me up for one spot at the ryokan? Thanks!

It seems the 2 Mount Fuji hill climbs, both on the same day now have been clearly categorised by the TCC forum:

the madness ride :eek: and the funride :warau:!

I've sent an email to the funride organisers and asked if I can cancel, but my emails have been disappearing into a black hole, so if anyone wants my spot...?

Hi Clay,

I tried to cancel last year with no luck. They also didn't answer. Best to give it away if you can.

K

Andy,

So, which race you will be in:)?

Naomi

It seems the 2 Mount Fuji hill climbs, both on the same day now have been clearly categorised by the TCC forum:

the madness ride :eek: and the funride :warau:!

Clay, I sent you the message about one of my friend is interested with your ticket. Cheers,
Kimm

Back
Top Bottom