Moving to Yokosuka

Gregor

Warming-Up
May 29, 2010
Yokosuka
Hi everyone my name is Greg and I am moving to Yokosuka in July. I lived there about 1 1/2 years ago but didn't get into the cycling scene, other than commuting to work and occasional weekend rides.

I am in training for an Ironman Triathlon in Oct and need to get right into training when I arrive in Japan.

Looking for some weekend riding partners... how do I keep posted as to upcoming rides and events?

Thanks in advance - and look forward to meeting wafter my arrival.

Greg

Mike

Maximum Pace
Sep 24, 2007
Kanagawa
Hi everyone my name is Greg and I am moving to Yokosuka in July. I lived there about 1 1/2 years ago but didn't get into the cycling scene, other than commuting to work and occasional weekend rides.

I am in training for an Ironman Triathlon in Oct and need to get right into training when I arrive in Japan.

Looking for some weekend riding partners... how do I keep posted as to upcoming rides and events?

Thanks in advance - and look forward to meeting wafter my arrival.

Greg
Greg, welcome to TCC. Just check here on a daily basis once you arrive and watch out for rides posted.

nbfman

Warming-Up
Jul 18, 2008
Kanagawa Prefecture
I live in Yokosuka and am a weekend rider. A bike shop in the area has a group ride every Sunday morning (8AM). They divide into groups, and the "A" group can go at a decent clip. The store also has a club team that rides at an earlier time on Sundays.

I haven't had any luck joining "unofficial" TCC tours in the area. Most originate up in Tokyo, and it's hard for me to make the time to get up there. But, rides in the Yokosuka area are advertised on occasion, and I hope to participate one of these days.

Anyway, when you arrive, put up a post. I'd love to join a group ride in the area, if it works out.

Nov 9, 2006
Yokohama
I haven't had any luck joining "unofficial" TCC tours in the area. Most originate up in Tokyo, and it's hard for me to make the time to get up there. But, rides in the Yokosuka area are advertised on occasion, and I hope to participate one of these days.

Anyway, when you arrive, put up a post. I'd love to join a group ride in the area, if it works out.
I live in Yokohama and work in Yokosuka. We might be able to work out a weekend ride.