What's new

Mountain biking in Tokyo

mooks85

Warming-Up
Jan 1, 2011
Hi guys,

my company is shipping me to toyko for a couple of months.

I m considering to bring my bike over,I am quite clueless with the mtb scene there.

So; would be greAt if someone can give me some advice on the below...

1. Any interesting offroAd trail that is not too far from the city. ( may stay near Shinagawa area), geneally prefer xc/trail so single track would be lovely on a weekend ride.

2. I doubt I will have any transportation; does the public transport like train/ buses allow bike? Or there is any bike shop that orgnise weekend ride which can tag along?

3.another option I m exploring is to get a relatively decent but used full sus while am there. Can anyone point me to any forum for this?

Thanks.. Any info would b helpful.

I might be able to help answer some of your questions.

1. Any interesting offroAd trail that is not too far from the city. ( may stay near Shinagawa area), geneally prefer xc/trail so single track would be lovely on a weekend ride.

--There is incredible single track just west of the city. The Japanese love hiking so the trails are well used and fun.

2. I doubt I will have any transportation; does the public transport like train/ buses allow bike? Or there is any bike shop that orgnise weekend ride which can tag along?

--I'm not the expert in train travel with bikes but I've seen several of my friends travel back and forth from the trails via train with bikes. The key is to cover the bike with some type of bike case or bag.

3.another option I m exploring is to get a relatively decent but used full sus while am there. Can anyone point me to any forum for this?

--Can't help with good places to buy used MTB's. You can get more information about MTB riding on one of my favorite local forums. http://yokotacyclingclub.com/

Thanks for ur reply. :)

on 2nd thoughts, it's probably not a good idea to carry my bike over there.

But would b great if there is some mtb rental for trail or maybe get a used bike for short thrill..

Back
Top Bottom