What's new

Mountain Biking in JPN?

KenjiSugahara

Warming-Up
Oct 25, 2010
Just out of curiosity how popular is mountain biking in Japan?

Are there any magazines dedicated to mountain biking?

If there's enough interest in mountain biking I'm hoping to get some more reporters over to Oregon to cover mountain biking over here.

We brought some folks from Pedal Speed over (see e.g. Portland and Cycle Oregon articles in the most recent issue) to cover Oregon.

Thanks!

There is one specific MTB magazine that I am aware of. Most major magazines are split about 70/30% in favor of roadies. Japan isn't the most conducive country to MTBing hence the huge bias to roadies.There are many MTB clubs but as far as printed press the maket is generally too small for stand alone publications IMO. But I only look at the pictures and event news standing up in the bookstore. Good luck but it would probably work better to produce your own article and send it in. Cheaper than paying arfare for journos.

its popular but with a small group of riders that have the means to access trails. Most customers that we have buy moutain bikes at Y's want to ride them on the street. Yes there are some mountain bike magazines one recently did a photo book on Canada so maybe you'll have some luck? Some of them are more like a book form and only come out a couple times a year though.

Much appreciated.

Amazon JP didn't have much. Did a search for MTB in kana and english. Maybe my searching skills suck. :eek: I'll keep looking.

That's what I had thought about mountain biking- there would be a bias since it would be tough to find places to ride.

Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom