What's new

Motegi Jan 3rd

theBlob

Bokeh master
Sep 28, 2011
Won't be able to do it this year, but have done it 3 times before (well, 2.5 thanks to a puncture :()

It's a great beginner's race, as you can ride it at your own comfort level; at the front with the fast guys, or potter around on your own, or anywhere in between. On a bicycle the course has a decent amount of variety but nothing really technical--you'll find it's a bit more climby than you noticed on the motorbike, though...

If you search "Motegi" in these forums you'll probably find threads from past years. Keith here has also ridden it on motorbike and bicycle, he might drop in with info.

It's much faster by motorcycle!
I'll be going again this year. I think they alternate the course direction each year so this year should be clockwise. Gets a bit cold at the start but soon warms up.

Must have been awful. I feel sorry for you. :rolleyes:I stopped the video after just two curves.

Ha ha ha! Each to their own I guess.... :D

Thanks for the info guys... :)

http://sunday-sunday.net/race/2012/0104motegi/2012MTG.htm

I'm thinking of making this race my first bicycle race. I've done about a million laps of Motegi on a 1000cc Superbike. (Just in case you are wondering what that is like http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZOIE9U48cYE )

Anyway I've done none on a bicycle! Maybe it's time to start balancing things up, A few of my old motorcycle racing buddies are entering so maybe I will too!!:bike:

Is anyone else entering this race?

Looks like it could be fun.... unfortunately will be out of town that day....

I had no idea you were running video on your suzuki.... first time that I've seen it! Nice to see the gear indicator.

I did this last year and would like to do it again. The only thing is that I will be on vacation from Dec 21st-30th without my bike. Maybe I will come back recharged but certainly not in top form.

Looks like I am going to miss the sign up date as I will be out of country... Anyway I am yet to ride 100km in a single day so maybe I should wait till I can get over that milestone before I try and race it! ha ha ha!:D

I just signed up for this one and will try to beat my performance from last year when I got dropped on the climb on the 7th lap, and finished in 2:43.

Back
Top Bottom