What's new

Race Motegi Enduro!

baribari

Maximum Pace
May 28, 2010
I might sign up for the two-hour event. I've driven my car on Motegi and I remember it being pretty a fairly rolling course, but I don't think the gradients are too extreme. Hopefully I will be lighter in a month.

Anyone else up for it? It looks like it's a pretty massive event.

Might consider it also depending on how Sunday goes. When does registration close? I haven't researched it yet. Love visiting Motegi especially for their lovely Honda museum.

I think there's a little less than two weeks to sign up. The Sodegahara Circuit enduro is on the same day, notably.

I've done this course a few times, 7h solo, 4h pair and 100k solo.

It's a long big ring climb. A fast winding descent. And a flat elongated "S" with a headwind / tailwind.

Yes, the Honda museum / theme park is great. Kept my kids entertained for 7h plus!

Andy

I've done this course a few times, 7h solo, 4h pair and 100k solo.

It's a long big ring climb. A fast winding descent. And a flat elongated "S" with a headwind / tailwind.

Yes, the Honda museum / theme park is great. Kept my kids entertained for 7h plus!

Andy

Is the climb gentle enough that you can keep up with faster people by drafting? Like, say, two percent? Anything over four would quickly have me off the back...

Seven hours solo!? That's nuts! I assume you had someone there to hand you food and bottles. Come to think of it, I would definitely need to buy some gels for a two hour race, although I could probably get away with just two bottles.

Is the climb gentle enough that you can keep up with faster people by drafting? Like, say, two percent? Anything over four would quickly have me off the back...

Seven hours solo!? That's nuts! I assume you had someone there to hand you food and bottles. Come to think of it, I would definitely need to buy some gels for a two hour race, although I could probably get away with just two bottles.

Yeah, 7 was nuts. Had to do lots of big rides in preparation for that.

Climb is 0.8 km at a uniform 2.8%.

It's a fast course for sure. And the pace is pretty intense. I did 42.3kph with HR average 165 lower threshold zone.

Andy

Yeah, 7 was nuts. Had to do lots of big rides in preparation for that.

Climb is 0.8 km at a uniform 2.8%.

It's a fast course for sure. And the pace is pretty intense. I did 42.3kph with HR average 165 lower threshold zone.

Andy

Welp, guess I gotta buy some 60 mm wheels...

Looks interesting! But I'm doing the Fuji Marathon that weekend, so somehow I think doing an intense 2-3 hour bike ride a day or two before is a good idea.

I had actually hoped to enter this one, but skipping for the same reason.
第13回セオフェス
http://seocycle.net/seofesweb/

I love Motegi... for motors.
I would love to just pedal a lap or two....

The extra couple hundred grams between a medium dish and a deep dish is such an insignificant percentage of me and my bike's weight that I'd almost be tempted to get those Monoprice 80 mms... my current (only) wheels (24 mm) already weigh 1850 grams.

The entry for this has been extended for 1 week until next Monday

My mate Tojo san has such blistering form at the moment. We were only 2 beers into the BBQ yesterday before we had signed up for the 4h pair category!

That extends my season for a couple of weeks.

Looking forward to it!

Andy

Woops. I had totally forgot about the deadline... Damn, I need a new rear wheel. There goes the money for buying race wheels...

Back
Top Bottom