Race Motegi Enduro!

May 28, 2010
Fukushima
I might sign up for the two-hour event. I've driven my car on Motegi and I remember it being pretty a fairly rolling course, but I don't think the gradients are too extreme. Hopefully I will be lighter in a month.

Anyone else up for it? It looks like it's a pretty massive event.

Jul 3, 2012
Tokyo
Might consider it also depending on how Sunday goes. When does registration close? I haven't researched it yet. Love visiting Motegi especially for their lovely Honda museum.

Apr 8, 2008
Niigata
I've done this course a few times, 7h solo, 4h pair and 100k solo.

It's a long big ring climb. A fast winding descent. And a flat elongated "S" with a headwind / tailwind.

Yes, the Honda museum / theme park is great. Kept my kids entertained for 7h plus!

Andy

May 28, 2010
Fukushima
I've done this course a few times, 7h solo, 4h pair and 100k solo.

It's a long big ring climb. A fast winding descent. And a flat elongated "S" with a headwind / tailwind.

Yes, the Honda museum / theme park is great. Kept my kids entertained for 7h plus!

Andy
Is the climb gentle enough that you can keep up with faster people by drafting? Like, say, two percent? Anything over four would quickly have me off the back...

Seven hours solo!? That's nuts! I assume you had someone there to hand you food and bottles. Come to think of it, I would definitely need to buy some gels for a two hour race, although I could probably get away with just two bottles.

Apr 8, 2008
Niigata
Is the climb gentle enough that you can keep up with faster people by drafting? Like, say, two percent? Anything over four would quickly have me off the back...

Seven hours solo!? That's nuts! I assume you had someone there to hand you food and bottles. Come to think of it, I would definitely need to buy some gels for a two hour race, although I could probably get away with just two bottles.
Yeah, 7 was nuts. Had to do lots of big rides in preparation for that.

Climb is 0.8 km at a uniform 2.8%.

It's a fast course for sure. And the pace is pretty intense. I did 42.3kph with HR average 165 lower threshold zone.

Andy

May 28, 2010
Fukushima
The extra couple hundred grams between a medium dish and a deep dish is such an insignificant percentage of me and my bike's weight that I'd almost be tempted to get those Monoprice 80 mms... my current (only) wheels (24 mm) already weigh 1850 grams.