What's new

Race motegi 7h race report

andywood

Maximum Pace
Apr 8, 2008
That's like racing a World Cup course and doing well in that as well. This result is more awesome than I think anybody here realizes. Navigating the novices on the course and avoiding crashes is very draining.

That's like racing a World Cup course and doing well in that as well. This result is more awesome than I think anybody here realizes. Navigating the novices on the course and avoiding crashes is very draining.

Cheers, yes avoiding the other riders is a challenge. I was particularly nervous after going head over heels at Gunma CSC in the spring and then being knocked off by a car 2 weeks ago. So I wasted too much energy closing gaps that I wouldn't have to close if I had a bit more confidence or balls!

Agree with the mental thing too. I'm a pretty laid back bloke so to keep focused for the duration is taxing. I bought a chess set for my son yesterday. I hear Cavendish uses it!

Andy

www.jyonnobitime.com/time

@andywood

Sounds like racing in Japan is full of skittish riders, something I've never experienced.

Hoping to get my first of such races out of the way so I can set a correct strategy for future races.

Will have a crack at the next Motegi 7hr.

Currently calculating a training schedule for it, and the training schedule looks grim and harsh for that distance (but that's training for you).

Full credit for pulling off that placing!

@andywood

Sounds like racing in Japan is full of skittish riders, something I've never experienced.

Hoping to get my first of such races out of the way so I can set a correct strategy for future races.

Will have a crack at the next Motegi 7hr.

Currently calculating a training schedule for it, and the training schedule looks grim and harsh for that distance (but that's training for you).

Full credit for pulling off that placing!

I wouldn't say Japan is full of skittish riders really. The big enduros like Motegi let anybody enter from a guy on a recumbent to a guy on a shopping bike dressed in a gorilla costume... So you have to accept it if you choose to enter.

Other sanctioned events like JCRC are well organised. The categories take away some of the skittish element.

The lower ranks of the JBCF are a bit like a zoo these days: short distances, overcrowded, which is a shame as that's the flagship.

Hillclimbs are obviously the safest.

But if you choose your races wisely there are tonnes of good ones out there. I've been racing here for over 10 years now so if you need any ideas/advice, just give me a shout.

Andy

www.jyonnobitime.com/time

Back
Top Bottom