What's new

Most Coolest Bike In Japan

TODO R CASPELL

Maximum Pace
Jan 27, 2009
Seen lightly chained in bike area, front of Daihei mall Yokosuka Japan. 3 Rensho Record Export model same vintage as my X 3 tandem? [Early 80's ? Late 70's?] Shimano 600. Frame aluminum. Blue. Glued alu lugs. Thick wall normal dia tubing. Custy chain and tyres rotting. Some old guy bought it back in the day and it's been ignored eva since. I woulda stole it or waited around and offered him 20000 Y for it but of course it is a tiny frame. Dammm those short people. Any U know this bike ? TODO

I saw it!

TODO:
I saw this bike parked on the Blue Ridge Pier this morning. Ill keep my eyes open to see if I recognize the owner.

Patt

My bad....

It wasnt that bike... it was a similar looking bike but I was on the move so at glance it looks like it... OOPS!

Hey, Hajimemashite (Japanese first-time greeting),

Nice to see the interest in classic frames. Always wanted a 3Rensho and looked for them a few years back. Found out that the builder - Konno - was paralyzed in a car accident, but his brother still builds under a brand called Cherubim in Machida (my custom steel is actually from them). They made it into a cable TV program about craftsmen in Japan ("shokunin"). Maybe this is old news to you all .....

Out of curiosity, TODO, is your Glen Ericson as in R&E Cycle in Seattle?

ET, So sorry keep on looking it's cool. IF you do see it please tell the owner what a jewell he has and please at least get some new tires on it.

NB, Yes my Ericson is by Glen X of R&E fame. I think he still lives in Revena.
Is British racing green with chrome lugs, nicely done Glen style. All mismatched beautiful old Campy parts. Nuveo Record derailers, Chourus brakes and old C Record 180mm cranks etc...

TODO

Sounds like a great setup. Erickson, Rodriguez, and Davidson frames were famous when I was in Seattle. Never had the chance to own one myself, but visited the R&E store a lot as a kid. Still love the look of lugged steel frames and Campy parts of the late 70's.

It was a shock getting back into riding after a long break. Serious time warp, since my last memory was of a newcomer - Klein - trying to make frames out of aluminum!

Sounds like a great setup. Erickson, Rodriguez, and Davidson frames were famous when I was in Seattle. Never had the chance to own one myself, but visited the R&E store a lot as a kid. Still love the look of lugged steel frames and Campy parts of the late 70's.

It was a shock getting back into riding after a long break. Serious time warp, since my last memory was of a newcomer - Klein - trying to make frames out of aluminum!

I raced Gary Klein at Big Rock Candy Mt. in Capitol Forrest south of Olympia Washington. I do believe he kicked my ass. Have seen sawed apart displays of inside the welds on both Klien and Cannondale. Klien is a much better frame he got full pennetration.

R&E cycles still has the coolest neon sign of all the bike shops. A spinning wheel.

Back
Top Bottom