What's new

Morning Commute

Ha ha ha! Right! I did 170km on arakawa on the weekend, you might have thought it was -2 and a blizzard judging by half the kits I saw in use. I have a light undershirt other than that I am in full summer kit.

Ridiculous innit? I even saw people with full-face coverings on the Arakawa this weekend. Must have been orthodox Muslims on a training ride.

I sail along in Superlights in a sea of full winter tights.
Where I come from we call such people nesh. I have never questioned this word until today, but it checks out. As a community service, you could loudly advise them to HTFU.

But superlights? No bueno.

Mild_seven_vertical_name_super_lights_ks_20_s_japan.jpg

I think some of it legitimately has to do with sun exposure. I've even heard some people saying that they don't trust sunscreen. I see people all the time (runners and cyclists) in long clothes. Personally, I like as little as possible.

In Germany they call this weiches-ei (soft-egg....or soft-cock in English terms). Here are some of my personal favorites:

Mit dem wind pisser - with the wind pisser
Achtstundenschläfer - Eight hour sleepers
Back-Uper - back-upper
Best-Of-CD-Käufer - Best Of CDs buyer
Auf-jede-Email-Antworter - answer every email
Goretexjackenträger - gortex jackets wearer
Gute-Nacht-Kuss-Geber - goodnight kisses giver
Betriebsanleitungsleser - operating instructions reader
Handeincremer - hand cream user
Hemd-in-die-Hose-Stecker - shirt into his pants tucker
Tragetaschenbenutzer - tracksuit top in the pants tucker
Kinderschokoladeesser - kindershokolade eater
Treuepunktesammler - loyalty points collector
Kreisverkehraußenfahrer - outside of a roundabout driver
Originalharleyfahrer - harley rider
Penislängenvergleicher - length comparer
Pinacoladatrinker - pina colada drinker
Sensorenparker - sensors parker
Vorhaut-beim-Pinkeln-Zurückzieher
Frischobstgeniesser - fresh fruit connoisseurs

See here for the full list: http://www.re-ga.de/seerose.txt

I think some of it legitimately has to do with sun exposure. I've even heard some people saying that they don't trust sunscreen. I see people all the time (runners and cyclists) in long clothes. Personally, I like as little as possible.

In Germany they call this weiches-ei (soft-egg....or soft-cock in English terms). Here are some of my personal favorites:

Back-Uper - back-upper

I'm guilty of most of them!

I love the German technique of just ramming words together until they get one that fully encompasses the intended meaning.

Pardon the pedantry, but it's very like the English technique for the same thing. It's just that English usually preserves spaces (thus not "operatinginstructionsreader").

Still, it's an interesting list. I'm particularly puzzled by Originalharleyfahrer --does original have some unexpected connotation? (Umm, how about Flatulentesesselfahrer?)

Back-Uper - back-upper

Ironically enough I'd classify myself as more on the "soft egg" side. Do you have a word for wussies that like things just right?

Goldilocksmausweaksaucemann? Probably in bad taste and not funny.

Well I tried. Anyways, interesting list.

UV: I don't have a short-sleeved jersey. Midsummer I think long is cooler anyway (with the right fabric).

I trust the sunblock, but it's just easier to cover when it's just enough cooler, than to put that goo all over everywhere.

I'm particularly puzzled by Originalharleyfahrer --does original have some unexpected connotation?

I think it's meant as opposed to riders of imitations such as the Yamaha Dragstar.

Still, it's an interesting list. I'm particularly puzzled by Originalharleyfahrer --does original have some unexpected connotation? (Umm, how about Flatulentesesselfahrer?)

I'm not sure about this. In my mind it refers to someone who gets a Harley just to be cool...to buy the lifestyle so to speak as opposed to being a genuine enthusiast. I see them everywhere.

I'm not sure if any of you clicked on the link I provided but there are what seems like thousands of these weiches ei quips. I found out about it while having beers with a German colleague in Frankfurt. He said there was a DJ who would take calls from people who had original ones. Perhaps that's how the list was put together. It's a very impressive list.

Back
Top Bottom