What's new

Ride Morning Arakawa TT

Solo run this morning, after a weekend of movies, and junk food I found it very hard to get moving, having no fast guy to try and keep up with also left me a bit on the cumbersome side of things.

On a positive note, my knee was back to normal after reverting to my old seat.

Hopefully the weather will hold for Wednesday.

Well today 8.15 or so (With no wind), last time (solo) about 7.40 (with wind) Dunno what was wrong today, too much eating on the weekend I think!:eek:

I did a very easy 'recon pace' at about 9min. There is a patch of loose gravel that anyone should be aware of. Wind is critical - it seems to be worse CCW, though the course 'feels' tougher CW, maybe due to the way the slopes are positioned. Constant Hayfever Pollen Assault is also an issue - but hopefully subsiding soon. As well 'The Walkers' otherwise known as obasan zombies meandering over the road at random intervals.

I did a very easy 'recon pace' at about 9min. There is a patch of loose gravel that anyone should be aware of.

You are off the course, when you come onto the back straight veer onto the back road. IF you stay on the inside you get the nice winding course but the 20m of sand to deal with. The strava (and I guess some race) course takes you onto the back road as you come off the back corner hill. Have a look at the strava segment you will see what I am talking about.

There is also another training route that I see a team using quite regularly. just the back road down, and up onto the riverbank top road for the return leg. I haven't tried it out yet but

The sand pit is on the inside section. The long sand-pit free section is on the outside.

Both routes appear to be about the same in length.

theBlob; good times there. Seems a much harder loop solo for some reason.

Once I get some free time I will head back down there and give it some hammer.

Aha! OK - well, you guys should put the 'official' course into RWGPS. Strava does not allow download of any segments or courses (as far as I know). And it also seems to calculate differently - it's much better to set actual laps with your Garmin.

You are off the course, when you come onto the back straight veer onto the back road. IF you stay on the inside you get the nice winding course but the 20m of sand to deal with. The strava (and I guess some race) course takes you onto the back road as you come off the back corner hill. Have a look at the strava segment you will see what I am talking about.

There is also another training route that I see a team using quite regularly. just the back road down, and up onto the riverbank top road for the return leg. I haven't tried it out yet but

Yeah, but I do like the segment layout in Strava and social aspect. I can't see myself signing up and uploading to another web page.

Owen: We bumped out a 7.10 the other day with three us. Looking for a sub 7.00 in the near future.

Nice work. I want to join in your paceline sometime. Let me know when you are next going down there as a group.

I am not free in the week for the rest of June, but in July I will have some free time, mainly on Thursdays if I am able to keep my schedule in it's current state.

There is also another training route that I see a team using quite regularly. just the back road down, and up onto the riverbank top road for the return leg. I haven't tried it out yet but[/QUOTE]

Hey guys. I'm new to TCC but know the Arakawa course very well as it's my regular morning stomping ground. This route is very fast if you've got a good line going and is best approached clockwise. I think it's about the same distance as the TT route you're using, if not a few meters longer - I don't use a computer so I guess the exact distance using my brain. It's also much flatter and easier to negotiate. I usually ride both courses back to back and call that one loop, which is approximately 10km. You can find me there most mornings from around 6-45am, enjoying the scenery.

I'll be there for a couple of hours tomorrow so if I see you I'll try and catch up.

Must get a computer.

Hey Mate, glad you signed up. You're more than welcome to join anytime.
Maybe I'll see you this morning assuming it doesnt start raining in the next 30 minutes.:confused:

Thanks for the ride. The pace was storming for the first lap but settled nicely on the second. Sorry I didn't wait around to say goodbye afterwards but I carried on and did a couple more loops of the circuit. Catch you next time...

Yep was good fun, Ill be back there on Friday. Same time and place!

I liked the long course but getting up on the bank into the wind was tough!

Yep was good fun, Ill be back there on Friday. Same time and place!

I liked the long course but getting up on the bank into the wind was tough!

Yeah, the wind can be a killer at that end of the course. Do you mean climbing the short slope up to the bank or turning 180 at the top onto the bank?

Anyway, glad to hear you liked the long course!

This week looking good for Monday(18th), Friday(22nd) and will have to see about Wednesday.

Same time and place for those interested.

This week looking good for Monday(18th), Friday(22nd) and will have to see about Wednesday.

Same time and place for those interested.

I'll be there as usual.

If anyone else is up for a spin tomorrow I'll be on my fixie doing laps on the long Arakawa course from around 6-30ish, as long as it isn't absolutely bloody tipping it down.

Will confirm in the morning...

Back
Top Bottom