What's new

Ride Morning Arakawa TT

theBlob

Bokeh master
Sep 28, 2011
Tomorrow morning June 5th Arakawa TT circuit 5km loop.

http://app.strava.com/segments/779261

We meet at 6.40am at the bottom right corner of the circuit.
Pace is about 35km/hr bit faster on the straights, bit slower going over the 3 humps.
But it is a loop so if you are slower or faster, well, we'll meet again!

We will do 3-4 loops then head back down the river at about the same pace.

Lot's of fun!!

Sounds interesting. As long as I'm back in shibuya by 9:30 I'm good for this.

Eric, I usually get to shinjuku by about 8.30.

Check my strava page you will see my route.

Great if you can join us!!

Just got back home from there.

Rode down from my place which is about 20km.

Did 3 loops. Was windy as hell on the back straight which cut my speed down a bit, but my best time, toilet block to toilet block, was 7mins42seconds.

Max speed on the final straight, was 54km/h.

Not that good, I know, but maybe something to set things in motion.

Edit; I see on Strava that my time sucks. Haha, I blame the wind, which was honestly pretty killer. Also, I notice that some of the fastest times were done the same day at the last Enduro, so would have been done in a pack, which is always faster.

Anyway, enough with the excuses!

Looking forward to hearing your much better times!

I did a short recon / recovery spin down there as well. Yes - the pack speeds will be much higher. Did you go CCW? Or CW? I went CCW and noticed the wind was pretty much in your face the whole time - bizarre!

Just got back home from there.

Rode down from my place which is about 20km.

Did 3 loops. Was windy as hell on the back straight which cut my speed down a bit, but my best time, toilet block to toilet block, was 7mins42seconds.

Max speed on the final straight, was 54km/h.

Not that good, I know, but maybe something to set things in motion.

Edit; I see on Strava that my time sucks. Haha, I blame the wind, which was honestly pretty killer. Also, I notice that some of the fastest times were done the same day at the last Enduro, so would have been done in a pack, which is always faster.

Anyway, enough with the excuses!

Looking forward to hearing your much better times!

Ah, we must have just missed eachother.

I went CCW, the same way that the Enduro went, and yeah, wind hell!! The back straight had me down to about 31/32kmph at one point. Not good!

Oh I see, So nothing to back them up those times? no coroborating evidence? No signed affidavit from one of the old homeless fishermen? No google streetview van passing? No police speed traps passed through?

Oh well, better show up to the actual ride next time so you have something real to talk about:warau::warau::warau::p:p:p

Whatever mate, I am so over Strava.

You would be too, if like me you had completed it on the hardest level.

Just woke up. I know I won't make it but I will have to catch you guys next time you do this. Maybe at a time not so early? Leaving the house by 5:30 is hard on a workday.

What???? You are up that early all the time I thought!!

Anyway we are on again for Friday morning. Same time and place!

Bumped up the averages this morning 37.5km/hr But only due to Aron towing me around!! (Thank you Aron!)

It's not a TT if you are getting a tow. Man up and do this like a proper individual pursuit. Space yourself out at equidistant points and then do 5laps.

What???? You are up that early all the time I thought!!

Anyway we are on again for Friday morning. Same time and place!

Bumped up the averages this morning 37.5km/hr But only due to Aron towing me around!! (Thank you Aron!)

Well I guess I better change the title to Arakawa TTT then?

Either way my legs are toasted, I tried to do my bit at the front. But I am clearly the weakest of the three of us so I couldn't spend too long there. I learnt one thing though ---

Don't stay at the front until you are tired or you won't have the legs to get on the back of the train and once you get a few meters back it's all over.... :eek:........:bike::bike:

Anyway I have ridden plenty by myself, so I am really enjoying the team style pace line riding it's fun and a new dimension to my riding experience.

Those are good skills to acquire. And they cross over into group rides where everyone should do their fair share of work at the front especially on the long transits to and from the hills.

Tomorrow morning we roll again.

Same time and place.

I really enjoyed it this morning, thanks guys.
This morning ride has brought a peace to my mind and I can stay calm even when I look at the weather forecast for this coming weekend.:rain:

Yeah it was fun! I felt not as strong as last time, But we bumped up our speeds again so I guess that is why!

Looking forward to next week, let's see if we can bump a 40km/hr lap out!:bike::bike:

This weeks schedule (Weather permitting)

Monday, Wednesday (13th), Friday (15th)

:bike:

Back
Top Bottom