What's new

Money laundering

snoogly

Maximum Pace
Oct 14, 2007
Hot as hell out there today, so I kept my wallet safely wrapped in a plastic bag in my pocket, Got home, knackered, and in a daze chucked my cycling gear into the wash. Alas, my wallet was still in the pocket .... The plastic bag did nothing to keep out the water, yet it did a perfect job on my sweat. Interesting that, maybe there is a research project there.

I just hope the credit and cash cards still work.

Oh. You can see how I rehydrated!

Hi snoogly

Congratulation, your bills back from water safely.
I was curious to click your new thread to know what kind of linkage to you by money laundering.

On Friday afternoon riding through Tama Cycling Road, I was drenched to skin by heavy rain fall, and found my shoes came from water washed out by rain. And only thing I had to do was just them out in the sun to dry them up. Now they are very clean.

Massa

What is all that stuff on the rack? And in between...

Something like a dozen+ items?

Stick with money and your gaijin card (and maybe a meishi, which is disposable).

What is all that stuff on the rack? And in between...

Something like a dozen+ items?

Stick with money and your gaijin card (and maybe a meishi, which is disposable).

Yes - I now know there is no reason to carry all the usual wallet-stuffing cards.

and ins card

If you go minimalist and you are on Japanese health ins; recommend carrying that (or a copy). Heard that some clinics try to charge full price if you do not have your card

If you go minimalist and you are on Japanese health ins; recommend carrying that (or a copy). Heard that some clinics try to charge full price if you do not have your card

On the topic of health, what I won't leave behind are my hospital registration cards. May not be much use in the boonies, but at least an ambulance in Tokyo or Kanagawa would know where to take me.

What the heck?

Snoogly, never seen so much stuff carried by a roadie in my life! Where do you stash it all? Do you need that much cash when you ride? Hoping to score on the way home or something?:confused:

Snoogly, never seen so much stuff carried by a roadie in my life! Where do you stash it all? Do you need that much cash when you ride? Hoping to score on the way home or something?:confused:

I just lazily shove my wallet into my pocket.

On the topic of health, what I won't leave behind are my hospital registration cards. May not be much use in the boonies, but at least an ambulance in Tokyo or Kanagawa would know where to take me.

Sorry to inform you, but that is not the way they operate. Unless you are SOFA you will have no choice of which hospital they take you to! :eek:uch:

I think surplus charges will be refunded if your health insurance are identified. But we would like to try to carry our id, health insurance and history of medical treatments in the worst cases of oral communication between rescue crew is unable. :)

Massa

On the Lighter Side...

I was wondering whether anyone else bothered carrying a pee-jar with them. But, two? Perhaps you're drinking too much rehydrant... I concur with the others: Leave the kitchen sink at home.

By the way, I hope your plastic bag came out of the dryer the same size. If you want a foolproof way to shrink your money, try the stock exchange.

I carry a spare inner, a CO2 gas cartridge + valve, a patch kit, Crank Bros 5-in-1 toolkit, one plastic tire-iron, a gel foodpack or a banana, one water-bottle (fill it as required), a cell phone, a 1,000 yen bill (try to use it all so you don't have to drag the heavy change about!), a credit card (for real emergencies), & my Gaijin card ('cause it's the law...). Even now, I suspect I'm packing too much...

Ride light. Carry the light. But avoid lite beer.:cool:

Back
Top Bottom