What's new

Ride Monday May 4th - Kiyosumi Boso ride

Musashi13

Maximum Pace
Aug 27, 2012
Anyone fancy a ride in Boso on Monday?

Noting too strenuous, just a scenic ride in what should be great cycling weather. Down to the coast for a sea front stroll then back up through golf courses and country club mecca that is Boso.

If you haven' been it is time you did and if you have it is time you went again!

Meeting at Honda (No lockers) JR station on the Sotobo line at 9:00am

Route

Nice one @Aron B My new "Nothing strenuous" is my old "unrelenting" I'm just that buff these days!

Reactions: TCC
Do you peoples know something about the weather that my usual source doesn't? (I ask because Monday was when I'd been intending to return from Gunma to Tokyo, but I was starting to wonder about delaying it by one day.)

Looks tempting indeed! I was intending to head out of town for at least a part of Golden Week though, but will see if I can arrange my schedule a little.

After some discussion of possible rain tomorrow I have gathered information from various sources and come to the conclusion that there is a 30% chance of showers in the morning but nothing to suggest that the ride needs to be called off.

The ride will go ahead as planned but be aware that there is the chance of a wee sprinkle.

By train meet at the Three F convenience store at the South exit of Honda station.

By car, meet at the same place but park in the supermarket down the road a bit.

The afternoon will be sunny and the return leg will have a decent tailwind, it would seem.

@Musashi13 That is the perfect way to phrase it!

It is impossible to move at all. I am very sorry to do this but I am not going to be able to make it for the start time and if anyone can get the ride going that would be the best option.
We are now back where I was picked up and we managed to move all of 700m in an hour. What is usually a 40 minute journey we gave ourselves 2 hours for but even that was folly.

I am disappointed and frustrated to say the least.

If anyone who went by train can do the ride, please go ahead. Our ride is out the window, we have given up hope of getting there at all. My family commitments meant that a later start time wouldn't be possible.

GW sucks balls!

Lesson learned.

Very sorry you couldn't make it. It turned to be just the three of us: Perry, Ben (both not really from TCC) and me. Between my recollections and Ben's phone we managed to do the whole course as planned. Really nice! Sun all day! Boso never disappoints.

We got caught out big time on this one. Felt real low all day, but feeling consoled now after seeing that you guys completed the ride. Good to see! Well done.

Thanks Ben and Arron B for the great day! Great weather and nice company, great meeting" you Aron B you're my new hero, you helped me gain perspective on all sorts of things.

Not the best with words so I'll use selfies to describe the day:

#1. Started off under blue skies and some threatening clouds to the west.
20150504_005909504_iOS.jpg
#2. We were Kings of Boso for a day.
20150504_013555078_iOS.jpg
#3. Photography is not my forte. Most say neither is cycling. Whatever the case, here's my attempt at a non-conventional camera angle. Turned out to be only awkward.
20150504_042010478_iOS.jpg
#4. As Ben and Aron B applied sunblock at 711, I said something like "Lily white whities... Can't even go out in the sun, what good is that? (lol) and the reponse was a resounding FUCK YOU.
20150504_112549226_iOS.jpg
#5. I may have to rethink my SPF 0 approach. Quickly starting to look like an orange haired, ninja toed construction dude and it:s only May. The lifelong inability of me to make anything other than a goofy face in picture endures.
20150504_041921124_iOS.jpg

And lastly, I've finally put my mind to it and taken data off my camera and pieced it together to summarize a ride. If successful, the YouTube video I uploded moments ago will appear here for your viewing enjoyment.

Who am I kidding, it's boring as fuck, as all other amateur road bike riding videos.

If you watch it all the way through, you'll be treated to: Blue skies and trees, Aron B and Ben, stuff dropped and retreived (Aron B's Jacket, my wallet (!) at the end), the Kamogawa seaside, some tunnels and a scenic? ravine.

Well, thanks once again and I look forward to riding with TCC next time. Who know when that will be!

Back
Top Bottom