What's new

Monday, June 18th - Tsuru & Matsuhime Toge

Yamabushi

Maximum Pace
Jun 1, 2010
Ride canceled, baby coming!

James (FarEast) and I are going to do Tsuru Toge and Matsuhime Toge, and with energy and time allowing, some additional rindos and fun to follow that. James will be riding from the Yokohama area, I'll be riding from Tokyo, and we'll be meeting on the Tamagawa. I'll be finishing at Hashimoto Station where I'll catch the train back to Tokyo.

INFO:
Meet Time: 9:00am
Meet Place: Tamagawa River (HERE)
Climbing: 2600m+
Distance: 165-170km
Route: HERE

This will be a reasonably hefty ride, and I'll be trying to keep the reins on James. But... if needed just after the Matsuhime descent is a good bail out point at Saruhashi Station. If anyone is coming from Tokyo and wants to join me before the Tamagawa let me know.

This looks like a great ride, but it's monday and I gotta go to work (~_~;)

See you tomorrow Pete. Really looking forward to it!

Ride canceled, baby coming!

Last night I was really excited about today's ride and could hardly fall asleep. This morning I get up raring to go, but about 15 minutes later my wife comes out and tells me that her water broke. Long story short, this ride is canceled, I've got a baby on the way! :eek: Wish us luck! :D

All the best Pete and that was a bloody funny comment you made on the phone!

Give the better half my love.

Oh and I wasn't refering to the Cannondale! :D

In the end did a 70km TT up the Tsurugawa and then down the Tamagawa then back up the Tsurugawa. 310w for the 2 hour effort - legs feel massive :D

Off to get a massage!

Wednesday anyone?? This looks to fit my current riding plan.

Im on the trainer for the rest of the week spinning up for JBCF race in Gunma so Im out.

Yep! Good luck with that one!

Im on the trainer for the rest of the week spinning up for JBCF race in Gunma so Im out.

Rain this time of the year is rideable. Wet and seldom cold enough to cause much dscomfort other than being wet. It's the end of the ride that I hate . I prefer to get dried off and warmed up reasonably quick. I usually carry some newspaper in my back pocket so I can unfold and use for the descents. It helps alot .. along with a membrane jacket or 100y store rain cloak.

Is it not raining for the rest of the week?

Back
Top Bottom