What's new

Monday Cyclocross and MTB ride at Midori-ku Yokohama

FarEast

Maximum Pace
May 25, 2009
I will be doing some Cyclocross/Mtb riding on Monday in Midori-Ku Yokohama.

Lots of technical single track and perfect for cross or xc mtb. Parking is available at my house for those driving and also a nice lunch and hot cofee to boot once we return.

Meeting time is at 09:30am please contact me if you wish to join and I will send you directions to mine.

If you prefere to head straight to the trails meeting place will be the main entrance to Yokohama Zoo (zoorasia) http://www.zoorasia.org/in.html at 09:50am.

They have parkingbut you will need to pay.

Type of riding - very technical single track, technical downhill single track, fire roads. These are all paths that interlink with each other so once you get the lay of the land you can go and do your own thing.

James - I can't make it on Mondays, but would love to ride out in Yokohama. Would appreciate if you can post from garmin/ridewithgps/strava type route details of some your yokohama routes...

Trad for trail conservation the local MTB and Cyclecross riders have agreed not to post any info about the trails. Some of it crosses private land that we have permission to ride on it so basically when riding you need to be with a familiar face as otherwise you may get done for tresspassing.

Sound odd and its not a locals only attitude but more one of trail conservation, very little of the trails have steps or concrete on them and we really want to keep it that way the only way we can do this is by riding sensibly and reducing the masses that ride them.

Hello, mate. Could you count me in, please? It is my first ride in TCC community, so exciting!! I guess, I might have known some of the trail where we are riding.
I am in Seya, so I'll ride down to wherever closer, zoorasia or perhaps your place. I might need to leave the trail at latest by lunch time to cycle to work afterwards. Cheers for your post and see you soon !

James - I used to volunteer time for trail maintenance back in US when i rode more mtn than road. thanks for the trail conservation heads up - and completely understand.

Would like to join, but my father cleaned up the garage and sold all my old Alan Crossbikes (7-speed) :(. Maybe I will buy a new one for next years season.

Hello, mate. Could you count me in, please? It is my first ride in TCC community, so exciting!! I guess, I might have known some of the trail where we are riding.
I am in Seya, so I'll ride down to wherever closer, zoorasia or perhaps your place. I might need to leave the trail at latest by lunch time to cycle to work afterwards. Cheers for your post and see you soon !

Great! In that case then lets meet on Route 45 just before the turn off to the Zoo:

http://g.co/maps/haaeb

Also i sometimes get invites to Tama Hills, I will speak to my host the next time I get an invite to ride there and see if I can add some more to the entry list.

James - I used to volunteer time for trail maintenance back in US when i rode more mtn than road. thanks for the trail conservation heads up - and completely understand.

Many thanks for your understanding, the Japanese riders have already had to do a petition to have stairs built on some of the sections further in .

One of the reasons we normaly ride durring the weeks is so that we don't have to worry about upsetting visiting hikers to the area they can get a little upset that they have to share the trails and a lot of the maintainance is done at night or very early in the morning.

Oh and lastly..... be warned. I've found 2 suicides in these woods.

Lovely, I'll see you there at 950ish, then. :)

Tama hills, it would be fantastic if I can join those rides, too. I love XC and trail building, as I used to race/volunteer in MI several years ago. Morning would be even better as it is my time before kids wake up. Looking forward to it( except suicides ) !
FYI, http://www.hosei-club.org/class/7.html, is also very nice place to slice a series of nice single track turn without worrying about hikers/trespassing.

Great riding with Kyboy today. We got about 25km in before we both had to head home. Many thanks for the company Kyboy.

img1433z.jpg

img1435d.jpg

Arrghhh!! I love those noodles! Excepting when the headtube would suddenly depart a different direction than the downtube..

Would like to join, but my father cleaned up the garage and sold all my old Alan Crossbikes (7-speed) :(. Maybe I will buy a new one for next years season.

Great ride, nice trails, absolute dog's bolloxxs ! Thanks James, will see you again soon.

Anybody interested in local MTB race in two weeks, here is a link. It is on Midoriyama-studio, Aoba-ku, Yokohama. Small technical loop to do more than 10 laps in an hour, I heard they built pretty iteresting course.
Say hello if you see me on my red trusty 2006 Epic, please.

http://www.sportsentry.ne.jp/event.php?tid=28317
for details
http://www7b.biglobe.ne.jp/~mtb/Fes2011-11 apri.pdf

FYI, I am in 40-45 for one hour enduro.

Cheers,:)

Back
Top Bottom