What's new

Monday 9th Jan - LSD training Ride Day 2

FarEast

Maximum Pace
May 25, 2009
Monday 9th Jan - LSD training Ride Day 2

To continue with the base training over the course of 3 weeks I will be leading another LSD ride on the bank holiday Monday.

Meeting place: Lawson near Yanokuchi station (http://g.co/maps/vknbv)
Time: 8am
Course: Reverse loop of the Sunday ride.

These LSD rides are ridden in heart rate zone 1 and 2 (recovery zones) to build base. These are not hammerfest rides so if you are looking for a fast paced ride these are not it.

LSD-ゆっくり長距離ライド

私は今週の月曜日、矢野口駅からLSDトレーニングライドを先導します。集合時間は午前8時。最小限の休憩と、上りも込みで適度にゆっくり走る予定です。

多分、ライダーが脂肪燃焼して減量するための、また2012年のレースシーズンへの耐久性を養うための理想的なライドです。

コースは天候状況によるのでその日に決めますが、集合と解散は矢野口駅(通常の集合場所)近くのローソンです。

水のボトルを2本と、ライドの間に摂る食べ物を持参するか前もって購入するかしてください。昼食時にボトルに水を補給します。

日 程 : 1月2日(日)
集合時間 : 8:00
集合場所 : 矢野口交差点 横 ローソン (http://g.co/maps/vknbv)

I'm interested in joining you on this ride after reading the discription for Sunday. Do you think it is something that can be done on a fixed gear? Or are the lumps you mentioned worth having a few gears for?

Eric - There are 3 climbs tomorrow.

Yomuri Land
Climb up to Miyagase
Odarumi (Takao - Sagamiko Side Up)

You are free to join on the fixed gear as long as it conforms 100% with Japanese regulations for riding on public roads and that you can basically keep with the groups. For LSD to be effective you need to keep moving otherwise its just another interval session.

Also I ask for those that just want to join the ride and hammer it out on the hills that you loop back to the last rider and climb again as we will not stop at the top of the climbs.

Basically these are NO FAFFING rides :D

Thanks for the info!
Being that I work at a bike shop and have to be a good example(not to mention I value my life) my fixie is up to code an has brakes. But because there will be a few climb I will use the road bike instead. My fixie isn't set up for mountain climbing.

Great! looking forward to meeting you!

We,James,Dave and I,did complete 2days LSD training!
And I've done 630km since start of this year.
Thank you so much!
If I was alone,never ride such long distance in this cold :)

Fumiki

Another 165km in today all with low heart rates and high cadence.

Really felt the burn on day two especailly the last 30km home solo.

To all those that joined me thank you, Fumiki and Dave thank you for joining me both days. Dave thanks for the pull on Route 12 on both days.

Tempted to go out tomorrow again.......

Tempted to go out tomorrow again.......

James, aren't you supposed to be on a 6 week plan of total rest!?!?!?!?

Have you knocked it on the head this year?

Would have been interested to know how it worked out.

By the way, we have some family in Yokahama, so I'll see if we can get over there to join you for some LSD riding soon.....

Andy

www.jyonnobitime.com/time

Andy.... I took it off already! Did bugger all over the festive period first ride of the year for me is always the Ekiden!

Had a stay-cation with the family and visited lots of local attractions (All within 30km of the house), built up thee new ride for 2012.

Also did some non bike related hobbies:

fdr1.jpg

I had planned to join this as my first ride in 2012, but my riding buddy couldn't make it to the meeting spot in time. Turned out, that we did a very similar course for 150k. Next time...

As for base training, will put the rollers in the basement garage and shake the building up in the wee hours. Wont be LSD, but as long as I stay out of anaerobic levels should serve some purpose.

Back
Top Bottom