What's new

Monday 8th October

jackonaboardman

Speeding Up
Jul 2, 2012
Does anyone else have this day off and fancy a fairly relaxed ride, I'm open to suggestions for route/ destination but I will say this with the caveat that I've not ridden properly for about 8 weeks now.

I was thinking of either the Arakawa as far as people were comfortable going with a stop for some lunch, or, Okutama on an early train and then rolling round the loop at an easy pace. Do you have a preference for either of those options?

Well, I am riding Saturday and Sunday both fairly big, so an easier one would be fine.

Suggest a route and we can fine tune it!

Well, I am riding Saturday and Sunday both fairly big, so an easier one would be fine.

Suggest a route and we can fine tune it!

http://www.bikely.com/maps/bike-path/Sumida-Training-Loop-Timken

how about this? I live in Asagaya so I'd be interesting in doing it in reverse, starting near nakano and heading north to the river. How does that sound to you?

I'd be open to heading down to kasai rinkai to extend it as I've never ridden there before.

Hey

Well, most of that is inside Tokyo on busy roads, so ideally I was thinking about heading out of the city up the rivers.

If you can get up to the Arakawa, I can meet you there and we can head out north together?

Do you have a bike bag?

That sounds like a plan!

Yeah, I have a bike bag where are you thinking would be the ultimate goal?

Meet at ukimafunado or near there?

I don't live in Tokyo, I am up in Saitama, so going down into Tokyo and then back up would not really be something I would be up for...

Let me have a think about about a route and get something on here later (if anybody else has any suggestions, then by all means do so!)

Right, I am rubbish at planning routes, and in a bid to keep things simple, would you be up for a modified version of this?

All credit and thanks to Yamabushi for this route, of course!

http://ridewithgps.com/routes/1710043

If you guys want to head way over to takao we are planning a ride over takao and around sagamiko ;)

Oh and if your felling frisky I am likely going to split on the return prior to Takao, so from there I will ride through hinohara mountains to tomin no mori. Maybe too far in the wrong direction.

Hey mate,

Thanks for the invite :)

Yeah, we have already arranged a ride. Going to meet the other side of the bridge from the top of the Arakawa Saiko track and head upstream, to see what we find. Anybody else who fancies a shortish ride up the Arakawa with a not-mega-early start, and lunch, please feel free to join!

We are meeting here http://goo.gl/maps/i5QNH at 10am, then heading north. No specific route planned, which may be of a shock to the more hardcore navigators (me too, a bit, if I am honest), but whatever.

Most likely going to follow roughly the route set by the main man Pete.

Cool.

Hey mate,

Thanks for the invite :)

Yeah, we have already arranged a ride. Going to meet the other side of the bridge from the top of the Arakawa Saiko track and head upstream, to see what we find. Anybody else who fancies a shortish ride up the Arakawa with a not-mega-early start, and lunch, please feel free to join!

Enjoy the ride!

Will do!

We should get out together soon too. Enjoy whatever you get up to on your bike tomorrow also.

Nice one.

Owen

No specific route planned, which may be of a shock to the more hardcore navigators (me too, a bit, if I am honest), but whatever.
Foolhardy if you ask me. (But then I'm a bit mad.)

I suggest this: see which way the wind blows. Ride into it first, then let it push you back home. A grand day oot.

Back
Top Bottom