What's new

Ride Monday 21st March - Greenline Classic

theBlob

Bokeh master
Sep 28, 2011
A ride 2.jpg

You know the drill. Meet at the spaceship, head out to the start of the Greenline via the usual route. Ride up and down a bunch. Maybe stop of Pizza. Either get the train home from Oagawaramachi or ride home.

Distance: 100 and something kms.
Speed: Nothing to wild.
Meeting place: Spaceship at 7:30 or 7:00 or 6:30 depending on who may want to join.

Extra effort on the poster for @Andy in Tokyo to make him feel better.

Last edited:
Just on my way back from some Greenline action and it's still a wee bit snowy up there. The next few days should sort some of it out and by Monday it could be good. There is plenty of winter debris on the roads, too. Descents were slow from the higher passes. Yamabushi was a dream as always.
I'll be game depending on what is in store between now and then.

I'm game, but will likely have to turn back before the real fun starts.
My vote is for the 6:30 spaceship meet because I hate sleep.

I definitely want to do a ride on Monday, so this sounds good. I will struggle to get the Spaceship before 7am though.

Spaceship before seven is leaving the house at five for me so I'd rather not, either.

Cant commit 100% yet anyway

Ok let's meet at the spaceship at 7:30 which was my original plan.

Yep.

Meet you as I ride back from Monomiyama.

Look out for me, just in case I miss you.

Just load any old map and use that, that way you can pretend that you are smarter than the garmin for the entire trip.

Sorry mate not going to happen. But by all means make that rule.
Bit hard to say what's going to happen a lot will depend on the state of the road. Is that a good excuse?

That's the wrong map mate. It's going the wrong way.

I'm a bit of an amateur at making routes in that area, but I slapped this together anyway...
Waddaya' reckon?
I will not be offended if it is not acceptable as, "I am the only amateur in the villaaaage."

Not seeing a map there Heath? Anyway guys seriously we don't need to make a map now. We've all ridden most of the roads in the area.
The plan is to head to meet Owen in the middle of the bridge, Heath at monomiyama, then head around to the temple or Ono. If the green line is ok follow that. If the vibe is pizza go there. If not do something else. End up in Tokigawa area. There is no map cause the route isn't set. Peek has found a few new climbs recently maybe we'll hit a few of them.

Back
Top Bottom