What's new

Ride Monday 18th July Kuroyamasantaki

Mlac Peek

Peek pace master
Jun 12, 2012
Bonus beat-the-heat session! Usual route up the river but this time we're hitting Kuroyamasantaki, then rolling along the Greenline and descending Ono before heading home. Back by 1pm.
image.jpeg
When: Monday 18th July 2016
What: Kuroyamasantaki
Meeting: Spaceship 5am
Distance: 150km
Pace: Keeping up with the Jones'

This map has four climbs but we will only do the first one before heading back home. The route out and back is the same.

Last edited:
I'm keen, although morally opposed to the start time.
I need to be back in Kita Senju by 10:30, but really want to get in some climbing. Any suggestions on a good place to bail and grab a train home?

I'll meet you where we met with Heath before if you're up for it @Cory M. . 4:10? (The time Heath suggested l meet him this morning for the same start time, only I went back to bed).

We can bitch about the time to each other as we head to the spaceship.

I'm keen, although morally opposed to the start time.
I need to be back in Kita Senju by 10:30, but really want to get in some climbing. Any suggestions on a good place to bail and grab a train home?

Excellent news! See you at the Spaceship.

I'll meet you where we met with Heath before if you're up for it @Cory M. . 4:10? (The time Heath suggested l meet him this morning for the same start time, only I went back to bed).

We can bitch about the time to each other as we head to the spaceship.

Nice. See you there!

Another successful early morning venture. This time @Musashi13 was the first riser up at 3am and on his bike by 3:30am, rode all the way out and back for an astounding 194km. Massive distance, awesome work mate! @theBlob and @Cory M. kept us company until Monomiyama before turning back and escaping the worst of the heat. It was a hot and steamy day today folks. Thanks for coming out boys!
image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Yeah lovely morning for a ride. Took things pretty easy all day with just a few efforts chucked in for laughs. Good times fellas!

Good indeed, and I don't really regret the start time. Did I actually just put that in writing?!
Was great to get home super early and have full on family time as well, thanks for the company gents!

lolz-a-plenty.

after not getting started despite getting up the day before for the 3am ridefest I managed it this time around.

My Volt800 was a joy to use and I wonder when I'll ever need it on full beam.

Met @Cory M. at 4:10 and windbagged all the way up the Arakawa having to throttle back lest we arrive too soon. @Mlac Peek and then @theBlob arrived and we headed out on a social occasion. The usual roads were disposed with and the pace was brisk but not worrying. We stopped when needed for drinks and food and we all knew this would be the theme for the day. Keep hydrated and keep fed.

The two part timers peeled off and left me and the man like @Mlac Peek to tackle Kuroyamasantaki, a climb I had done once before. It wasn't the unruliest of hills but the heat had me beat and I suffered up the gradients. Once at the top my strength regrew and I was able to bound along the greenline in the shade and the cool breeze. We descended the Temple Climb which was quite choppy at the top but perfect further down and headed back along the river. I say we, but it wasn't all that much of a joint effort.

As soon as the locomotive reached his destination I became a shadow of my former self and crept along the roads home. No one passed me, thankfully.

Hot as hell. If you can get out at 3:30am I highly recommend it......

Photo Jul 18, 8 07 12 AM.jpg Photo Jul 18, 8 07 36 AM.jpg Photo Jul 18, 8 33 59 AM.jpg Photo Jul 18, 8 34 58 AM.jpg Photo Jul 18, 8 39 22 AM.jpg Photo Jul 18, 8 43 14 AM.jpg
Photo Jul 18, 7 57 51 AM.jpg Photo Jul 18, 8 07 07 AM.jpg

Back
Top Bottom