What's new

Monday (11th) - Green Line & Yamabushi Toge

Yamabushi

Maximum Pace
Jun 1, 2010
Monday I'll be heading out to do the Green Line, Shomaru Toge and Yamabushi Toge. This is a really beautiful ride with approximately 70km (from 54km --> 124km) spent in the mountains and greenery. The Green Line, running along the ridge, is really something special and there are also two fast and long descents. The 2nd descent from Yamabushi Toge is really a screamer with wide pristine rodes and little to no traffic. Additionally, there is a great soba shop up on the Green Line with spectacular views.

Expect a moderate pace with stops as needed. We'll have lunch at the aforementioned soba shop on the Green Line.

Route: http://www.mapmyride.com/route/jp/tokyo/336128662500945984
Meet: Sugamo Station (Yamanote Line)
When: Monday, October 11th @ 7:00am (7:05 roll-out)

This is really a great ride! I hope a few people will join me!

I'm down for this one. Assuming the weather is little better - not that I mind the rain - but the descents on the FG up there are pretty tricky even dry. Lets see if we can find the November hillclimb route as well - I think its close and we can add another 15k to the mix - that will give us an even 200 more or less.

Well, as usual, the crappy Japanese event sites don't record their maps using anything 'standard' -- so now the alps has been taken over by Yahoo, the map does not exist anymore... sigh. Why can't the developers get a friggin clue and just publish the routes as a standard kml, gpx or poi?

OK, I found it. That area is just northwest of Chichibu, so it's a bit farther out than the farthest point we go to (at least a few more hours). I don't think we can make it out there and back before the sun goes down. That being said, if I ever get into bike bagging it, this looks like an interesting area to ride!

That hillclimb route is not on the Green Line and still quite a bit further to go (north, into the next mountain range, at the border to Gunma). If you want to build it into a round-trip route, you will easily look at doing 250km. Not sure you had that in mind.

Have fun tomorrow! Ludwig

That hillclimb route is not on the Green Line and still quite a bit further to go (north, into the next mountain range, at the border to Gunma). If you want to build it into a round-trip route, you will easily look at doing 250km. Not sure you had that in mind.

Have fun tomorrow! Ludwig

Yep, what Ludwig said! It's too far. Cheers Ludwig!

Back
Top Bottom