What's new

MON, SEP 17th - Tsuchizaka-toge

Yamabushi

Maximum Pace
Jun 1, 2010
We'll cycle up the Arakawa River to the first climb, Shiraishi-toge, then descend Sadamine-toge and cross over Chichibu out to Tsuchizaka-toge. From the top of Tsuchizaka-toge there is a long ridgeline run. Then a very long descent to the start of the last climb, and another long ridgeline run that leads to Yorii Station where we'll bike bag back to Tokyo. All climbs will be wait at the top (WATT).

INFO:
Meet Time: 6:30am
Meet Place: Family Mart (HERE)
Climbing: 2300-2700m
Distance: 155-165km
Route: HERE

See you tomorrow morning!

I was just checking my kit thinking to reply to this to confirm...

And I just discovered my helmet is broken-!!!

Gutted. And I can't get to a bike shop until tomorrow,

Bummer.

Hope you have a good one mate.

I got spare helmets. Want me to bring one?

Pete,

Thanks to the 3 day weekend, will join your ride again tomorrow.
See you in the morning.

Chikako

Bummer

I can't make such a long right tmw, unfortunately. Need to be back in town to get all packed for my trip to Singapore. I will ride a Hanno loop, instead. (Achievement for tmw: first train ride into the hills :)

I can't make such a long right tmw, unfortunately. Need to be back in town to get all packed for my trip to Singapore. I will ride a Hanno loop, instead. (Achievement for tmw: first train ride into the hills :)

Catch you next time, Norman! You're welcome to join us any time, mate!

LOL :rolleyes:

I guess I better change the front tire -- got quite a gash from the chop-rocks the other day.

Ah, sorry. Nah, afraid not. Reserved a Kask helmet in SEO, which I will pick up at lunchtime tomorrow.

Really nice offer, but I don't fancy riding the distance between my place and our meeting spot without a helmet; I have to go along route 16 for a bit and I just don't want to risk it. Thanks a lot anyway!

Sorry. Was really looking forward to it too. Will most likely head out in the afternoon for a burn.

I hope you have a good ride. Looks like a good one.

Ah, sorry. Nah, afraid not. Reserved a Kask helmet in SEO, which I will pick up at lunchtime tomorrow.

Really nice offer, but I don't fancy riding the distance between my place and out meeting spot without a helmet; I have to go along route 16 for a bit and I just don't want to risk it.

Sorry. Was really looking forward to it too. Will most likely head out in the afternoon for a burn.

Hope to catch you on the next one then!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mm_CEmybOjc

Really nice offer, but I don't fancy riding the distance between my place and out meeting spot without a helmet; I have to go along route 16 for a bit and I just don't want to risk it.

Yeah defo. Was a bit of a shock finding the retaining system at the back of my helmet completely snapped on one side.

Will check out the ride report and photos with jealousy some time tomorrow.

Tim; one of my favourite films ever!

Interesting route, Pete!
Climb after Tsuchzaka-toge goes thru the final section of Ryusei climb race.
Wish me luck waking up early enough tomorrow.

Back
Top Bottom