What's new

Ride MON, Sep 15th, Jyomine & Kanna lake

Aron B

Maximum Pace
Mar 24, 2012
Couldn't ride out this weekend, fortunately there's a holiday to make up for it. This is a reasonably long ride with two major climbs, the second one (Isama-toge 石間峠 near Jyomine-san) is rather steep. I've never done the section after that to Kanna lake, I hope it will be okay. We'll finish at Honjo station.

INFO:
Meet Time: 7:00 am
Meet Place: at the Spaceship (HERE)
Climbing: 2500m?
Distance: ~150km
Route: HERE

All climbs WATT (wait at the top). Pizza or udon lunch possible after Sadamine (~70km).

Looks like a great route Aron, I can't make it but will definitely save it for another day. Have a great one!

I will make an effort to wake up in time.

Since I'm not Japanese, I'm voting Pizza ;-)

Hi Aron. If I'm up, I hope to join you for at least part of the route. If I'm not there at the start time though, please go on.
Thanks,
Chirag

Got back from hiking in the south alps at 3:30am this morning. There was no way I was going to make this ride :( . Have a good one guys.

Good, long day of riding. We left the house at 6.30h and came back at 20.15h. Perfect weather. One puncture and one fall could not spoil the fun.

Nice to meet Chirag, and kudos for sticking until the end.

For reference:
- riding on the south side of Kanna lake (route 331) is possible if you are looking for an adventurous road at an easy pace (we saw a boar jumping away);
- it's nice to be able to cross from Kanna lake to route 13, but the road between 120km and 122km on the above map is really bad; only doable because it's uphill;
- the section between 126km and 133km (出牛峠) is really nice, with a fantastic view over the Nagatoro valley.

Wish I could have been there but I got into round two last night before bed and thought better of it.

Back
Top Bottom