What's new

Minoura Live Training - Routes!

GSAstuto

Maximum Pace
Oct 11, 2009
We got some Minoura 'Live training' bits and pieces in the shop. Bascially it's an IOS app that you use to 'assist' training by following a GPS course that you preload. (And other goodies). They use a virtual power configuration similar to TrainerRoad, btw. Anyway - they do have quite a few routes available to download --

http://www.minoura.jp/japan/trainer/gpscourses/gpscourses.html

Another interesting resource for both on and off road training or riding.

The 'Live Training' accessories are mainly WAHOO, btw. I'm going to stock more of them - especially the sensors and Wahoo keys.

Musashi13

Maximum Pace
Aug 27, 2012
Don't you have to have an IOS device to run it? From what the rep told me they have no inclination to make it work on anything but apple.
Have WAHOO come out with the thunderbolt enabled key yet or is it still the old one that now needs a converter to work on new devices and costs upwards of ¥5k?
I like what they have but there are too many peripherals to deal with. If the app was free, or even discounted with the purchase of their trainer, and it ran on Bluetooth or better through a PC I would use it in a heartbeat.
Still may pop into the shop to have a go.

GSAstuto

Maximum Pace
Oct 11, 2009
I have the app and key loaded on a demo iPod , so you can check it out anytime. Personally I'm more on with using TrainerRoad, PerfPro and PeriPedal, so, it it what it is. I like the fact in PP I can take existing GPX and create a pretty workable course, something not quite yet easily done in TR. LiveRIde does this and it's pretty easy and available for the 'masses'.

Sent from my chisel and stone.

Top Bottom