What's new

Milan San Remo

ProRaceMechanic

Maximum Pace
Dec 31, 2009
Nice field of warriors too! Should be good. Hope there is some strong wind or something to spice it up.

i hope we get a breakaaway that stays away or somebody decending the poggio like a madman that somehow manages to hold off everybody with a few metres to go:pray:....save the bunch sprints for the stage races itd be good to see some old fashioned agressive riding winning a race like this rather than a text book leadout....having said that sky will ruin my hopes of this happening.:warau:

finished just as id hoped:D greenedge is having a pretty good start to the year!

Just watched the last 7km during lunch break. Cancellara again amazing, doing 99% of lead in the last 7km. Gerrans and Nibali struggle to hang on his wheel - unfortunately only 2nd.

Gerrans:
"Without question Fabian was the strongest, he was going like a motorbike. He followed Nibali and myself on the Poggio, drove it over the top and was the best descender."

Just watched the last 7km during lunch break. Cancellara again amazing, doing 99% of lead in the last 7km. Gerrans and Nibali struggle to hang on his wheel - unfortunately only 2nd.

Gerrans:
"Without question Fabian was the strongest, he was going like a motorbike. He followed Nibali and myself on the Poggio, drove it over the top and was the best descender."

Yes, Fabian needed a strong team mate with him...can't blame Gerrans for winning... He was also riding to protect and give Goss a chance at the end as was Nibali for his team mate.

The strongest cyclist isn't supposed to win...it's a combination of strategies and chess and ability.

Cancellara will go down in history as one of the greats, no doubt about that.

Great race, I wish they could get the live feed clearer it seems they always have trouble there. Poor Fabian, he is turning into a Zabel with all these second places! I wonder if Simon will hold his form throughout the year. He just keeps getting stronger and stronger. I could see him wearing the Magilia Rosa. I also wonder what would have been if Gilbert didnt crash. Boonen was looking healthy and I expect to see him going all in for another Roubaix.

:love: Next up The Classics!

Nice little behind-the-scenes video of the GreenEdge squad's sports director and support crew at the Milan-San Remo.

You know it's an Aussie team because half the words are bleeped out at the end after Gerrans crosses the line first. :)

Deej

Gerrans:

And here is a power analysis from Gerrans SRM data. Impressive numbers, 1200W during the break and 1300W in the sprint :eek:.

Definitely his weight to power ratio was the killer here! Also amazed he only averaged 211W for most of the race. They really do get sucked along in the peleton. And he averaged 400W sitting on Cancellara's wheel? My god, I'd love to see the wattage from Spartacus:confused:

Back
Top Bottom